Please Pray for my Daughter

Discussion in 'Coping and Compassion' started by Gdad, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Gdad

Gdad I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

My daughter Lauren is at the urgent care center with her mom with a fever we can't seem to get down. Since we lost our oldest daughter to menengitis almost two years ago we are a pretty paranoid these days. I hope and pray this is just a little bug and nothing serious.

Lauren
    [​IMG]

Thank you and God Bless.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mackey Mouse

Mackey Mouse <font color="blue">Me read the Navigator? I don't

Jeff.. what a cutie she is..... I am sure she is in good hands and they will get that fever down, sometimes it takes bringing them to the hospital or care center to do it with an IV or stronger medication than what we have at home.

I will keep her in my prayers tonight that the fever breaks and it is just one of those childhood high temp things that worry parents and give them all those gray hairs.......then they grow up, get their license, and go out at night and give you more gray hairs...

Hugs, I have her in my prayers and I am sure the others that post here will add her to theirs as well. I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter, sometimes it so hard to know what to say to someone who has had such an incredible loss. I am the Mother of three daughters, I am at a loss for words....Hugs again and prayers for your family.

4. Gdad

Thank you so much- the doctor at the care center said her throught was very red- they tested her for strep but it was negative so he thought it was viral. He sent my wife with her over to the emergency room for some blood work just to make double sure it is nothing more serious. My middle daughter finally went to sleep- she's been understandably worried about her little sister.

Thanks again.

5. j's m

j's m DIS Veteran

Prayers and :grouphug: for your daughter. I hope they can figure out what's wrong. I'm sorry about the loss of your oldest daughter. It must be incredibly scary now whenever one of your children is sick.

6. Gdad

Thank you- yes it does get scary. My oldests menengitis went from very ordinary symptoms (earache) to the worst immaginable scenario in literally a matter of hours.

Thanks Again.

God Bless.

7. tiff13

tiff13 <font color=red>my second home is at the lake<br><

Prayers, Pixie Dust and :hug:to you and your family!

8. hematite153

hematite153 <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon

You and Lauren are in my prayers.

I hope the ER is able to get the fever under control.

9. TruBlu

TruBlu <font color=green>I was very excited to see how yu

I'm praying here too! Please let us know how she is doing.

10. mdsouth

mdsouth DIS Veteran

:angel: May GOD bless Lauren and your entire family. May GOD also give each of you strength and help to easy your anxiety. I can only imagine what it must be like for each of you. I would also like to extend my sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your oldest daughter. :grouphug:

I just viewed your photo album. Sydney was a beautiful girl and must be a special angel. The mural memorial for her at her school is remarkable. What a beautiful tribute to her.

11. Gdad

Thank you all so much. I just spoke with my wife on the phone. Fever is down. Lauren is getting a shot of antibiotics in a moment :sad1: and a perscription and they will be on their way home shortly :) . ER Doctor had the same opinion as the care center- sorry I get so panicky I just can't help it. Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words. God Bless. :grouphug:

12. meeskamouska

meeskamouska <marquee><font color=blue>Doesn't go with jelly</m

I am so glad to hear that her fever went down. I am very familiar with that unnervign reaction to a fever.

You family is my prayers...

13. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

Jeff, keeping Lauren in my prayers. :hug:

14. NHAnn

NHAnn <font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=orang

So happy to read your update that it doesn't appear serious.
    And DON'T give another thought to being panicky or paranoid. LISTEN to those instincts and seek help quickly, you're doing the right thing :thumbsup2I too am so sorry for your loss and will keep Lauren and your whole family in my prayers. :hug:

15. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

I'm so happy that Lauren is doing better. It's natural to panic,especially after such a devastating loss. God bless you and yours!

16. j's m

j's m DIS Veteran

Just read your update from last night, I'm glad to hear the fever was going down. How's she doing today?

17. Gdad

She is doing better today. Her fever is staying down with Tylenol and she is just getting some rest. Following up with her pediatrician tomorrow but we are all feeling a lot better. Thanks again everyone. :angel:

18. Goofyluver

Goofyluver <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=red>Knock

Glad she is doing better!

19. mdsouth

mdsouth DIS Veteran

Thank you for the update on Lauren. I am happy she is doing better. princess: GOD works miracles every day, big and small. It is important for us Christians to be share our needs with each other and to pray for each other.
    You were right to be concerned about your daughter's health.

Take Care and GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR FAMILY!

:grouphug:

20. Philagoofy

Philagoofy <font color=purple>Guess my favorite dog!<br><font

Gdad, I always enjoy your pics on the photog board & always see that sweet little face below your name. Here's hoping that Lauren continues to get better. :grouphug:

21. Gdad

Yes she is feeling much better today- as are we. Thanks again all. ;)