• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please post your best tip or strategy

Disney"5"

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to get together last minute ideas for my trip to Disney in 3 weeks. I just read on another thread about the fastest way to get to EE after the park opens (through Dinoland). I hope to find other strategies to use. I'm traveling with a large group, and I'm the ONLY one doing the planning. It would be nice to have a few tricks to impress them. (They already think I'm crazy for all the time I have spent on planning this trip.) Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/tips?

Stop and smell the roses, take time to notice the little details, rest when needed and most of all HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!! :goodvibes

:woohoo: 6 days to go...
ok back to your question. The best tip I've ever received is ....... You can call Disney information and ask for the fast pass return time from you cell phone. That way you don't have to hoof it all the way across epcot only to find out the FP for soarin is gone :cool1: You can ask for any attraction that has fastpass in any park. That can especially be helpfull in large groups. Program this number into your phone...1-904-939-4636.

... You can call Disney information and ask for the fast pass return time from you cell phone... Program this number into your phone...1-904-939-4636.

The number is correct (it spells "WDW-INFO") but the area code for Orlando is 407.

So that would be 407-939-4636 (or 407-WDW-INFO.)

You can also call 407 wdw dine at anytime if you are at one park and need want to know which restaurants have seating. We did this one night at 8:30pm in MK. We were over at Buzz and were tired, hungry, and wanted sit down. We got Chrystle Palace at 8:45. The last seating. It was empty and we had the best time ever. We stood on the steps to watch the fireworks and then went back in to finish our meal. We were the last people there and treated like royalty! My grandchildren were very happy with all the attention.

But if reservations say there are no openings, don't give up, still check at the podium and there may be some no-shows that didn't cancel.

Disney"5";20561082 said:
I'm trying to get together last minute ideas for my trip to Disney in 3 weeks. I just read on another thread about the fastest way to get to EE after the park opens (through Dinoland).

That's funny...when I was planning my trip for last month, I read that it was faster to go through Asia, not Dinoland, because it takes you closer to the ride queue and fastpass machines. Go figure! :confused3

That's funny...when I was planning my trip for last month, I read that it was faster to go through Asia, not Dinoland, because it takes you closer to the ride queue and fastpass machines. Go figure! :confused3

Me Too!

I read that the only time it's better to go through Dinoland is when you are alreaady there because of an early breakfast at Donald's....

The number is correct (it spells "WDW-INFO") but the area code for Orlando is 407.

Thanks for the tip, I just programmed it into my phone. This is great info!!:cool1:

Me Too!

I read that the only time it's better to go through Dinoland is when you are alreaady there because of an early breakfast at Donald's....

That's correct.

The path thru Asia is the shorter route, except for Donald's Breakfastosaurus guests.

And even THAT will be changing... as they are moving the character breakfast to Africa as soon as they convert the Tusker House.

My best strategy for every park is to arrive before opening (maybe 15 minutes) and do your must dos first. Things seem to get jammed up about an hour after opening. Then once you have done the attractions that are most important to you, relax and enjoy the scenery. And the fastest way to EE is through Asia, based on my experience.

The person who wrote the suggestion to go through Dinoland said that at opening, EVERYONE went through Asia. They said it was faster heading through Dinoland because there were less crowds. They also said that the way the ride is set up, that you will have to come around the ride from the wrong direction, and pass up the fast pass line before you get to the entrance. I have NO idea if this is true, because we haven't been since 2003.
Does anyone think Dinoland is faster, or should we just stick to Asia?

I'm still looking for other ideas from everyone. Like cutting through Rainforest before opening to get to a shorter line to enter the park. Anyone?
What about other parks?

When you start out at MGM, head left. Last year, while I was planning, I read that most people head right first (natural inclination of right-handed people), and so there are fewer crowds if you head left. This was definitely true on our trip. Most people rushed to the right (I think it had more to do with where the big attractions are (Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror) to get fast passes). We did not care about fast-passes. Since it was our first trip of what we expected to be many over the coming years, we wanted to take it leisurely...

This might work at other parks as well, but I cannot confirm it.

In the Magic Kingdom if you head directly to the Main Street railroad station at rope drop and catch the first train to Frontierland.... you should arrive very close to the first throng of people heading to Splash and Big Thunder Mountains, without having to do the mad walk/run!

I dialed the original number that I posted ....The (904-wdw-info) and it worked just fine so I think either number will work.:goodvibes

For us the fastest way to EE was to have 8 a.m. breakfast ADRs at Donalds' breakfastasaurus. We got on the first car front row! It was the best thing we did..got there so early we went on it 2x and then hit the safari

:woohoo: 6 days to go...
ok back to your question. The best tip I've ever received is ....... You can call Disney information and ask for the fast pass return time from you cell phone. That way you don't have to hoof it all the way across epcot only to find out the FP for soarin is gone :cool1: You can ask for any attraction that has fastpass in any park. That can especially be helpfull in large groups. Program this number into your phone...1-904-939-4636.

what an aweseome tip!! thank so much! quick question when you call the number do you still have to go through all the prompts...everytime i call the 407 wdw number i have to enter my reservation number in, how many times i have been to disney and then they ask me to take a survey before you know it 5 minutes have gone by (im exaggerating i know lol) and then i get to talk to a CM...i think if i was at the park i would rather just walk to the attraction to see how long the wait is then deal with all that...so i was just curious how it worked out for you? is there a different number to call to not have to deal with that while you are in the parks????

thanks so much

My tips:

1. If you have kids with you, feed them before they are starving. Hungry kids are cranky.

2. In MK, there is a pathway that starts between Donald's boat and the train station and ends up near Space Mountain. It's often a useful short-cut and is usually almost deserted.

3. In AK, the last Safari ride of the day is often a good time - the animals tend to be more active, as they are anticipating going in for the night. I once managed to get on the very last truck, and the driver was great about stopping and letting us watch the animals.

TP

For us the fastest way to EE was to have 8 a.m. breakfast ADRs at Donalds' breakfastasaurus. We got on the first car front row! It was the best thing we did..got there so early we went on it 2x and then hit the safari

We did this too, but didn't have that kind of luck. I guess it depends on the CM that is at the dinoland rope (still had to wait at the rope after breakfast). The day we went she made us wait so long that we were actually behind everyone that come through Asia.:headache:

Get to the park early! You can do so much more when you're in the park for rope drop. #1 tip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter