Please post if your school has a fall break for 2014?

I live in Rhode island and the kids go back usually the Wed before labor day so no fall breaks here. This year they get a week and a half off for Christmas. A week in February and a week in April but depending on how many snow days there have been they usually take days away from them in April. This year there taking the whole week back due to many snow days

WI has teachers convention the third week of October for a 2 1/2 day break for the kids on Wed, Thu, Fri of that week. That is our fall break.

Not anymore they don't.

My kids have Oct 23rd as a half day (thurs) and then off the 24th (Fri).

I am in Central Indiana. Our fall break is the week of October 20th. We are headed to Disney the 18th, then a few days at the beach. Not returning home until October 27th.

I too am hoping it's not too busy. We went a couple of years ago in early September, it wasn't too crowded but sooo humid!

Indiana here... We go back Aug 1, two weeks off 10/11 to 10/26, two weeks at Christmas, two weeks at spring break. The trade off is that we only have most of June and July off for summer break. We go the full 180 days, and get to travel in the fall.

I'd love this, it sounds like the balanced school year - http://www.nayre.org/calendar_comparison.htm

My kids still have the traditional school year with the long, hot summer break, yuck! I'd love to have big breaks each season to plan vacations around.

Most of UT has 10/16 and 17 off, many head to DLR, we're heading to Mickey's place on the opposite coast, fly out late afternoon on the 15th and fly home on the 25th! DD will miss 5 days of school, she'll be in 6th grade, still elementary. DS will be in 9th, he'll join us for part of the trip depending on football.

I wish! We surprised my daughter with a trip to Disney the week before Christmas break her Sr year, December 2007. She never missed school and she had a 3.81 GPA and full honor/AP student. She missed one week of school and came back to a teacher, an assistant principle and a truent officer interigation. My husband and I hit the roof. She called us in tears and we immediately went to the school. We were honest and told them we had taken her out of school to for a trip to Disney World to celebrate her Sr year and 13 years of being a great student. Her teachers were instucted to give her 0's for any missed assignments. Some of her teachers did not enforce it (thank goodness) but her GPA went from a 3.81 to a 3.69. The hardest thing was, one of my daughters best friends was also at Disney that same week but got no reprecussions at all. Not sure how that happened but I can only imagine that her mom had a doctors note or something. Oh well, we lived through it but it was horrible! We are going in September with 2 of our grandsons but we are only pulling them out of school for 2 days and then they have a teacher in service day on the following Monday. Just a 5 day trip but we will have fun! :cool1:

That's terrible!
We did tell the teachers and some of them gave work and some didn't. The good thing was, they had 2 weeks off when we got home, so there was plenty of time to finish the work.

I'm in Kentucky too. Ours is the same. Every time we go on fall break we always seem to see tons of Kentucky people (lots of UK shirts :) ) We'll be there October 3-10. I'm pulling my daughter out the Friday before fall break since I'm doing the Tower of Terror 10 miler on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be too bad since we're heading home at the beginning of Columbus weekend.

We'll be at Disney too, October 4-10. We go every fall break.

Ours is October 13-17.

Since we are going to WDW this summer, we will not be going in the fall.

We will however go in the fall of 2015.

I'm in Kentucky too. Ours is the same. Every time we go on fall break we always seem to see tons of Kentucky people (lots of UK shirts :) ) We'll be there October 3-10. I'm pulling my daughter out the Friday before fall break since I'm doing the Tower of Terror 10 miler on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be too bad since we're heading home at the beginning of Columbus weekend.

Northern Kentucky represents 10/5-12. It's a joke around here. Ask someone if they are doing anything for Fall Break and they almost all say, "Disney, of course!"

See you there. But I'll be wearing a University of Louisville shirt.

Northern Kentucky represents 10/5-12. It's a joke around here. Ask someone if they are doing anything for Fall Break and they almost all say, "Disney, of course!"

See you there. But I'll be wearing a University of Louisville shirt.

:cheer2:

We have some pretty funky school schedules in our area. No fall breaks in one school district but if you go the next school district, the Fall break is the last week of October. Then there are some that goes to school year round with odd breaks in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter