Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

From Twitter. Special thanks to @amy_schinner for the tip: If you do not have the very latest version of iOS the DAS feature won’t work completely.
Saying IOS 15.
Probably why the white screen was coming up to her earlier and this was the solution
Not for me. Phone and iPad mini are both running latest OS And I’m getting the white screen.

Not for me. Phone and iPad mini are both running latest OS And I’m getting the white screen.
Is the app updated on both too?
My iPad is set to automatically update apps, but it didn’t.
The iPhone did not have it listed in the available updates. I had to search for it and then saw the update button.

here are a few notes from Amy Schinner (Twitter) testing out DAS

she is also getting the white screen as mentioned above, had to go to blue umbrellas more than once.

View attachment 614644
Well that conflicts something I saw posted in a FB group for disabilities. The CM video chat told a woman she could add 2 more people in the parks because she had a party of 7.

well I spent to morning in the magic kingdom and I have to say the new DAS system is absolutely amazing, being able to just get your times from the app is so helpful. Once you get into the park a das button will show up in menu you get from pressing the button on the bottom left. From there you just pick your attraction and you go. You can only see to get a DAS once for each attraction and I did have an issue where my das button disappeared but it showed back up after closing out the app.
You can only get a DAS for each ride once? I see this being a big problem.

Once you get into the park a das button will show up in menu you get from pressing the button on the bottom left. From there you just pick your attraction and you go.
Confused. It will show up on home page?

just did a chat re video call request. already have a valid DAS. Doesn’t expire for over another month. Told good to proceed as normal. until 11/1, no prebooked (2 per day) will be granted.

said they are currently working on arrival dates thru 11/18 & expect to move forward a day per day.

anyhoo…

when we do arrive as day guests for just one day next Monday…

’somewhere’ on the app there should be a DAS button for me to select return times?

You can only get a DAS for each ride once? I see this being a big problem.
I'm waiting to see more first-hand reports. I suppose it's possible you can only get a DAS Return Time via the app once, but maybe could get another from the blue umbrellas or at the attraction itself. I agree that if truly just once that could be a challenge for some people, especially since some people who use DAS like to repeat certain rides.

I'm waiting to see more first-hand reports. I suppose it's possible you can only get a DAS Return Time via the app once, but maybe could get another from the blue umbrellas or at the attraction itself. I agree that if truly just once that could be a challenge for some people, especially since some people who use DAS like to repeat certain rides.
I would also argue that this wouldn't work, as guests who can wait in the Standby line could do so multiple times. My guess is that this is a glitch carried over from Genie+ as it.only allows once per attraction.

I heard one rumor that suggested just that - one thru the app and needing to go to the attraction or the blue umbrella for another.

I would also argue that this wouldn't work, as guests who can wait in the Standby line could do so multiple times. My guess is that this is a glitch carried over from Genie+ as it.only allows once per attraction.
Agree

well I spent to morning in the magic kingdom and I have to say the new DAS system is absolutely amazing, being able to just get your times from the app is so helpful. Once you get into the park a das button will show up in menu you get from pressing the button on the bottom left. From there you just pick your attraction and you go. You can only see to get a DAS once for each attraction and I did have an issue where my das button disappeared but it showed back up after closing out the app.

You can only do a ride once?!!!!

Did anyone else experience this??

I’ve seen that you can repeat rides using DAS. Limited to one on Genie+, but no limit on getting a DAS again for a reride.
That’s what I had seen prior to ‘go-live’.
I had seen it confirmed that non-DAS guests who were using a ‘paid’ option - Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane could ride a 2nd time by using waiting with the Standby Line. And, non-DAS guests were always able to wait twice using the Standby line.

I hope not as I like to loop rides seem unfair as you can get in the standby line more then once
i get what you are saying. Especially, if you or your family is accustomed to using the DAS in that fashion.

however, if they change it to one per attraction/day due to whatever metrics they might claim; it’s still strikes me as better than no accommodation at all.:scratchin

Confused. It will show up on home page?

just did a chat re video call request. already have a valid DAS. Doesn’t expire for over another month. Told good to proceed as normal. until 11/1, no prebooked (2 per day) will be granted.

said they are currently working on arrival dates thru 11/18 & expect to move forward a day per day.

anyhoo…

when we do arrive as day guests for just one day next Monday…

’somewhere’ on the app there should be a DAS button for me to select return times?
From what I’ve read, it won’t actually show up for you select a time until the DAS holder is in the park.
I posted this on the sticky thread about DAS at the top of this board and copied it here.

More updates to the My Disney Experience app.
In the DAS section, it includes the information about registering for DAS from the Disney website Disability section.
It has been updated to say that all park visits for guests doing video DAS registration must be within 2-30 days of the live chat.
It also includes a link to Disney website DAS video chat page. When tapped, that opened a new browser window on my iPad.

View attachment 614702

They also included an explanation of the virtual queue for Ratatouille, including a line for virtual queue sign up. That opened the Ratatouille page on the app. There is a link on that page to access the virtual queue - it didn’t open since I’m not in the park.
If in the park, it open ps to either give you a chance to sign up or a notice that the virtual queue is filled for the day.
View attachment 614703

There is also an explanation of Same-Day DAS Return time thru the app, including instructions and a link for once you are in the park.
If you are a park and have DAS, the 3 line link from this page reportedly takes you to selection of a DAS Return Time.
View attachment 614704

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter