Please! Please! Please! A Favor When Starting a Thread

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
If you are starting a thread which relates to a certain date or date range, please put the date(s) in the title.

If you put in words such as today, tomorrow, yesterday, this week, next week, last month you can confuse the readers.

If a particular store is holding a specific promotion for "today only" once "today" is over the promotion has ended but it is possible that the thread will get occasional posts to it which brings it back to one of the front pages of the index.

When you look at the index you can only see the date of the last posting, not the date the thread was started. And if people start somewhere other than the first post they can't tell when date is really meant.

This can confuse and/or annoy people when they find out this special was ten days ago.

I know it takes a couple of seconds extra typing, but you help out lots of people.

Ooh, this happened to me once, thought I would get a great deal...only to find out that it had ended two weeks ago. Great idea!

We do that on a message board I run. DATE / STORE / SUBJECT. :thumbsup2

If you are starting a thread which relates to a certain date or date range, please put the date(s) in the title.

If you put in words such as today, tomorrow, yesterday, this week, next week, last month you can confuse the readers.

If a particular store is holding a specific promotion for "today only" once "today" is over the promotion has ended but it is possible that the thread will get occasional posts to it which brings it back to one of the front pages of the index.

When you look at the index you can only see the date of the last posting, not the date the thread was started. And if people start somewhere other than the first post they can't tell when date is really meant.

This can confuse and/or annoy people when they find out this special was ten days ago.

I know it takes a couple of seconds extra typing, but you help out lots of people.

Excellent Idea - I thought it was only me that was confused by these kinds of references

Bumping up cause this is great advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter