Please list all disney hotels with at least 1 water slide

Danny K

DIS Veteran
I really cannot afford the water park option, so I want to book a disney hotel with just some water slides. I don't care about price. Just list hotels you know that have water slides on disney property, and also tell me how many water slides they have and, how scary they are. If you have been to two or more hotels with water slides please compare and contrast the water slides and also the hotels itself. If you haven't been to any hotel but have a friend or someone that has been, please list it to. Please give me some hotels here.

There are many, but here is the pool & slide at the Boardwalk Resort:

dsc02219.jpg

Hello! There is also one at the Poly. Not too scary but it does go through the volcano so can be a little dark for newbies. My DD8 loves it!

There is also a slide at SAB at BC/YC.

Hope this helps!

The Value resorts DON'T have slides, but all the Moderate and Deluxe hotels do. Each of the Mod and Deluxe hotels will have one slide a piece.

But really, you say you can't afford waterpark tickets, but you don't care about the price of the hotel? You'll come out ahead financially booking a value resort and paying for either one day waterpark tickets or the WPF&M option. The WPF&M option is $57+tax per ticket. But upgrading from a value to a deluxe hotel could be a difference of a couple hundred dollars per night.

Beach Club/Yacht Club. They have Stormalong Bay. It was the "water park" before there were water parks. It's really nice and the only pool Disney doesn't allow pool hopping. More details and pics here:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

Stormalong Bay is probably the best resort pool at WDW, but BC/YC was opened in 1990. Typhoon Lagoon was opened in 1989. And River Country, WDW's first waterpark, was opened in 1976.

In addition to the good info you've already got on this thread, don't forget to look at this page that links to info on each of the resorts. :disrocks:

Beach Club/Yacht Club. They have Stormalong Bay. It was the "water park" before there were water parks. It's really nice and the only pool Disney doesn't allow pool hopping. More details and pics here:
http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

Wait a minute, Stormalong Bay is the only Disney pool that doesn't allow pool hopping? You might want to re-think that along with the "water park before there were water parks" statement.

Wait a minute, Stormalong Bay is the only Disney pool that doesn't allow pool hopping? You might want to re-think that along with the "water park before there were water parks" statement.

Thanks for catching that! I was so thrown by the "waterpark before there were waterparks" comment that I misread the next line as just "Disney's resorts don't allow pool hopping". All Disney resort pools do not allow pool hopping, with only a few exceptions for sister resorts and DVC members. But even DVC members are limited as to what pools they can hop to.

The Value resorts DON'T have slides, but all the Moderate and Deluxe hotels do. Each of the Mod and Deluxe hotels will have one slide a piece.

But really, you say you can't afford waterpark tickets, but you don't care about the price of the hotel? You'll come out ahead financially booking a value resort and paying for either one day waterpark tickets or the WPF&M option. The WPF&M option is $57+tax per ticket. But upgrading from a value to a deluxe hotel could be a difference of a couple hundred dollars per night.

This. :thumbsup2

As PP have stated, the Moderates and Deluxes have one slide a piece. Contrary to what some poster think, NONE of the pools allow pool hopping except for POR/POFQ *unless* you are a DVC member an can pool hop amongst the DVC properties.

Danny K -- If you have park hopper tickets, it only costs $22+tax for the water parks option. You get as many water park entries as there are days on your tickets. This is much cheaper that a moderate or deluxe hotel, which would cost that or much more per day.

The Caribbean Beach Resort has two water slides at their main pool. Neither are super scary and I've seen younger kids, teens and adults going down both. The pool was redone just a few years ago and is now zero entry and has a pirate/fort theme.

All resorts have at least 1 water slide except for the value resorts. None of them are scary IMHO, except if you consider a very short time in an enclosed tube scary (CBR, Poly, OWK, maybe a few more).

IMHO the funniest slides are at CSR, POR and SSR. BC/YC and Boardwalk have long slides but I don't care for those for various reasons.

This. :thumbsup2

As PP have stated, the Moderates and Deluxes have one slide a piece. Contrary to what some poster think, NONE of the pools allow pool hopping except for POR/POFQ *unless* you are a DVC member an can pool hop amongst the DVC properties.

all sister resorts allow pool hopping
PO
bc/yc/bcv
AKL/Kidani
all star
don't knew yet if Aoa will still allow Pop to pool hop after this year

all sister resorts allow pool hopping
PO
bc/yc/bcv
AKL/Kidani
all star
don't knew yet if Aoa will still allow Pop to pool hop after this year

That is kind of a misnomer. Yacht Club and Beach Club are the same resort. It is all one building with a different feel on one side or the other. There is no "Yacht Club Pool" or "Beach Club Pool" there is just SAB.

Op I am very confused by your question. Deluxes can cost nearly a $1000 a night depending on the room and time of year. On average you are looking at $300-$400 a night at the least. Values average out at $100 maybe $120 a night. Waterparks are less than $50 a person. If you have waterpark kids and money is tight, go with the value resort and get the waterpark tickets. It will SAVE you money!:banana:

That is kind of a misnomer. Yacht Club and Beach Club are the same resort. It is all one building with a different feel on one side or the other. There is no "Yacht Club Pool" or "Beach Club Pool" there is just SAB.

Op I am very confused by your question. Deluxes can cost nearly a $1000 a night depending on the room and time of year. On average you are looking at $300-$400 a night at the least. Values average out at $100 maybe $120 a night. Waterparks are less than $50 a person. If you have waterpark kids and money is tight, go with the value resort and get the waterpark tickets. It will SAVE you money!:banana:

I completely disagree, I have stayed at CSR for $135, GF for $159 a night.. Four water park tickets would have cost me more... It depends on the deal you find..

I completely disagree, I have stayed at CSR for $135, GF for $159 a night.. Four water park tickets would have cost me more... It depends on the deal you find..

You must be comparing prices from different years and different seasons. For an accurate comparison, you have to compare current prices in the same season.

For 2012, the lowest price for a garden view room at the GF is $460/night. The biggest discount I have seen on WDW rooms is the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal, which by the way, they haven't had for at least 2 years now. Staying 7 nights and using that discount would be equivalent to a 43% discount (rounding for simplicity sake). Apply that discount to the room rate and you are getting a rate of $262.86/night. The more recent discounts are closer to 30% off but I think some people have still gotten 40% off discount codes.

The lowest price room at CSR during value season is $164. Even if you got no discount on the CSR room, you'd still be paying $98.86 more per night to stay at the GF.

The lowest price room at All Stars during value season is $84/night for 2012. That's a difference of $178.86/night if you have the largest discount on the GF and no discount on the All Stars room. That's 3 waterpark tickets right there.

And generally, there are discounts available at all resort levels, just not the same percentage off. So you'd most likely be paying more to stay at the GF than the numbers I've given above. Even upgrading from All Stars to CSR is going to cost you an extra $80/night assuming no discounts on either room. That's more than the cost of a waterpark ticket in just one night.

You must be comparing prices from different years and different seasons. For an accurate comparison, you have to compare current prices in the same season.

For 2012, the lowest price for a garden view room at the GF is $460/night. The biggest discount I have seen :worried:on WDW rooms is the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal, which by the way, they haven't had for at least 2 years now. Staying 7 nights and using that discount would be equivalent to a 43% discount (rounding for simplicity sake). Apply that discount to the room rate and you are getting a rate of $262.86/night. The more recent discounts are closer to 30% off but I think some people have still gotten 40% off discount codes.

The lowest price room at CSR during value season is $164. Even if you got no discount on the CSR room, you'd still be paying $98.86 more per night to stay at the GF.

The lowest price room at All Stars during value season is $84/night for 2012. That's a difference of $178.86/night if you have the largest discount on the GF and no discount on the All Stars room. That's 3 waterpark tickets right there.

And generally, there are discounts available at all resort levels, just not the same percentage off. So you'd most likely be paying more to stay at the GF than the numbers I've given above. Even upgrading from All Stars to CSR is going to cost you an extra $80/night assuming no discounts on either room. That's more than the cost of a waterpark ticket in just one night.

CSR was June 2012 and GF was Labor day weekend 2012. Quite a few Disers took advantage of the deal!!

If you do your homework and look for agency exclusives deals are to be found

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter