• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please keep Shirley in your prayers - The Perfect Gift

I was in contact with Shirley this morning and she asked me to send a message along from her.

Will you explain to everyone that I was the only one taking care of Norm and his approaching death took a little over 10 months. I haven't been on for sometime and forgot my entry information, but I have written the Disboard to get it. Please let everyone know how much I appreciate their prayers, words of comfort and support.

Signing off with a broken heart.

Always with love,

Shirley

My dear friends,
Thank you so much for embracing my pain of losing the love of my life my husband Norman. The past 10 months have been so difficult for each time we thought we had gotten through one bump in the road, more appeared we had to work out. I was Norm's ONLY caregiver and the only one that was with him 24/7 until 4 days before hospice stepped in with 24 hr care. I was wearing so many hats, that I couldn't tell the difference from one to the other. I am praying that with time, the memories of the past months will fade and the best stays with me. Thank you again for so much. I hadn't been on for quite sometime and when I tried to get on, couldn't remember how to do so until I got help. Thanks from the heart and always from Me and Norm

Shirley,

Please again accept our condolences, and I wish you all the very best at this very difficult time.

Andrew, Susan, Alice and Stephen.

oh Shirley, you have given of yourself to so many of us! Our deepest condolences.

Shirley,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband Norm. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shirley-

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these trying times.
Bless you!

Dear Shirley:

I am so sorry to hear of Norm's lengthy illness, and recent passing. It's a horrible thing and I'm so sorry for all you've been through. Please accept our family's deepest condolences.

With love,
The Brown Family

Just wanted you to know we are thinking of you at this painful time in your life and praying as well.:hug:

I just wanted to take the time and just thank you from the bottom of my heart. This has been the most difficult time in a very long time that I have had to face. Many of you knew Norm and I had known each other since we were 6 years old and I liked him in first grade BUT he was just so mischivious that I gave that up until 7 and 9th grade and he STILL didn't like me except to tease me big time. He has always been in my life for he worked at the post office with my uncle and of course he knew all my family. We reunited in 1999 and then he moved up to cape Canaveral in 2000 and the rest is history. We were together 24/7 and folks wondered how we did it, but we did. My heart will never be the same. It felt so good to hear from so many who Norm and I have known through so many years and know we love ya all from the heart.
God Bless us all
With much love always
Shirley and Norm

Although I've never had the experience of using The Perfect Gift, I've read too many posts to count regarding Norm and Shirley. Many recalled the fantiastic baskets and the excellent job they did but what I remember most are the posts from people that were helped by both these wonderful people. So many stories where people were trapped or stuck and Norm and/or Shirley would go way out of their way to help these people make their way safely to the ship. Stories of people at the port with a left purse at the WDW hotel, etc. Norm thought nothing of hopping in a car and spending hours of his time to help out and ensure that the family(ies) made it on their trip.

These selfless acts are what I will remember most about this couple. My thoughts and prayers are with Shirley and her family. I hope they can take solice in the happiness and joy that he spread to so many. RIP Norm.

I'm so sorry to read the news of Norm's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to Shirley and the rest of the family.

Our prayers and thought to Shirley and family.

Not on the dis boards often, but had to come and express my sympathy here to Shirley. I found out about Norm's passing when I called to order a cruise basket today. Shirley and Norm embraced us like family when we ordered our first basket around 2001. Please support the Perfect Gift, especially now.
Shirley, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter