Please help

me4disney

Mouseketeer
We are not arriving in MCO until around 2PM and are thinking of doing the Backyard BBQ that evening. We will not need tickets for that night. How do we book the UPH, but not for the 1st night? There will be 5 of us in 2 rooms and I hate to pay for something I won't use. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi. You will need to make seperate ressies. One for the first night , room only. The second with the UPH. :)

This is a fairly common thing, when you call Disney, the CM you talk to should be very familiar with it. :)

Have a great trip!

In 2003, we booked the "Fairy Tale Package" (if I remember right, the package deal was pay for 4 nights, get 7 nights with UPH included). Our schedule allowed us to be at WDW for 10 full days and 2 partial days, and we wanted to maximize our use of the UPHs with the package, so here is what we did: We booked room only for our first 2 nights (using AAA discount), then booked the FTP, then room only for the end of the trip. I did fax a room request to the resort in advance with my primary request being that we not have to change rooms (I included all of my reservation numbers with the request). I still knew we might have to move (a request is just a request...no guarantees that you'll be granted your request), but I was really hoping we wouldn't have to move. When we checked in, before I even said anything about it, the CM said that she was showing 3 reservations and that we would be in the same room for our entire stay. YEAH! Our reasoning for booking the way we did was this: we’d have a total of 8 days on the UPH with the package, and that would be enough, as long as we planned non-park activities for days when we didn’t have a UPH. Since we'd arrive in early afternoon on a Saturday, we didn’t want to burn a full day of a UPH, so we got room only, then we checked things out and settled in our room, tried to see the campfire program. at Ft. Wilderness and the Electrical Water Pageant. On our second day (Sunday), we slept in (we knew there wouldn't be much of that over the next 8 days), then went to DD, did some resort hopping, swam in our resort pool etc. Then at 7am on Monday morning, we went back to the front desk and checked in for our FTP reservation (there was no line!), and with our UPHs in hand, we walked directly to the bus stop and hit the parks. On the following Monday morning, went to the front desk and checked in for a room only....our UPH from the FTP was still good til midnight, so we went straight to the bus stop and hit the parks again. On Tuesday and Wednesday (getaway day) we did non-park things and got packed up for the flight home. Overall, we were there for 10 full days and 2 partial days. With the FTP, we paid for 4 nights and got 7 (along with 8 days of UPH), and the remainder of the nights were room only. I compared the prices at the time, and this was a better deal for us than using the FTP for our entire stay. Also, if we had UPHs for the entire stay, we would not have been able to use them every day.....it was just too exhausting and we had to rest sometime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter