• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with Resort Choice: BC or POR for one night?

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
We are going on a cruise over Christmas (Dec. 23-Dec 30) and at this point have booked two nights after the cruise at CS (Holiday rate) and one night at Wilderness Lodge (Jan 1st at value rate). We just booked our flight and decided to arrive a day before the cruise so we need a hotel for that night (Dec. 22nd). Dh agreed that we could stay at a Disney Resort instead of a hotel by the port . Which hotel should I choose?

One of the reasons why we are taking this cruise is because my dd will be turning 13 on Dec. 17th. I would LOVE to surprise her by booking the night at Beach Club which is her resort of choice and then making ressies for "The famous Kitchen Sink" as part of her bday celebration. However, the price is 535 (with taxes) which is a bit steep but not totally out of the question. However I would be really disappointed if our flight is delayed and we arrive too late to enjoy the pool (right now we should be in Orlando by 1:30).

I am also considering POR since our other dd9 wants to go to BBB and we could take the boat to DD.

Of course the main reason my dd wants to stay at the BC is because of the pool. What are the chances that it might be too cold to swim there or do they keep it heated enough so that anyone brave enough will still enjoy the pool? What would you do???

The possibility of being bumped or arriving later than anticipated with the airlines is quite high right now. We've had several such experiences with business and leisure travel in the last six months. And you are traveling at a busy time. Also, the weather can go either way in December; I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Personally, I would rather stay at POR (or POFQ) and save the extra $$$ if I thought I might arrive too late to enjoy the amenities at BC. The pool area is great there, though.

I agree with beccasmom - save the money! Maybe I'm too practical, but no Disney resort is worth over $500 a night IMO. I would just be thinking of all the other things I could have used that money on. With the weather possibilities, especially, I personally wouldn't chance it.

Thanks! I think I just needed someone to tell me that! I think I will try POR or POFQ. Both sound great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter