Please help with planning trip with Down's Brother

Lluianae

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip to WDW and my husband and I want to make some really cool memories for my Down Syndrome brother. He is 26 years old but is a big kid like all of us :goodvibes ! What would be some tips for getting him involved in the Sword and the Stone ceremony? Also I had heard that audience members can be picked to be a part of the Indiana Jones show, is this true? :confused3 And if so anyone have any tips on that? My brother is a HUGE fan of Indiana Jones and constantly wears the fedora hat.

Anyone have any other ideas that I might be missing. Thanks for replies :sunny: !
We will be there from July 12 to 19 at the Pop Century. Look for us, we will be wearing Alien Green mickey heads and and my brother will be wearing an Indiana Jones hat. :wave2:

I'm sorry that I don't have any ideas or tips for you. I just wanted to tell you I hope (& know!) that you have a wonderful trip! I think it is just awesome that you are taking him along. I have a 34 yr old cousin who has down's and he is such a joy to our whole family (we are all very close!) Have so much fun & God Bless your trip!! :sunny:

I am not sure how to get picked for the sword in the stone but you might want to post this over on the Theme Parks as that board seems to get more traffic and you'll get more suggestions. Also post on the Disabilities board.

Personally, I would call up WDW and talk to a representative or call the resort directly and explain the situation. When you go into the parks maybe ask a Cast Member if there is something special your brother can do. One thing that I can think of is pin trading. Another is if you are first at the park before opening maybe you can ask the opening CM if your brother can open the park up. That is always fun. Good luck! I hope your brother has an awesome time!!!Sometimes pixie dust is sprinkled in unexpected places. :wizard:

OHHH! Ask the CM at the monorail to ride in the front!!! We love this!! :sunny:

He is lucky to have someone who obviously loves him as much as you do. I truly believe your brother has a pre-stamped boarding pass to heaven when it is his time. My advice is to let the magic come to you, it will. Don't worry about trying to plan a "pre-arranged" bit of magic. This is one place where if you are patient the magic will find you, you don't have to look for it or plan it in advance. Have a great trip.

Thank you so much for your ideas! All of the best wishes have meant alot for me to read as well :blush:

Go to the "disABILITIES" forum here on the Dis...I'm sure that they will have all sorts of ideas and info for you there!!! It's a really great board!!!

have a wonderful trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter