• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with picking quiet connecting rooms

momtofour

Mouseketeer
Thanks much in advance for any insight. I am looking to book a 7 day cruise tomorrow for March of 2007. (Have never cruised before) I will need two adjoining cabins for my family of 6 members. I am looking to do this on a budget, so am interested in categories 9, 10 or 11. We are all very sensitive to noise so I am asking for input on what would be the quietest spots. I've done research on staterooms from this site but am asking for some more input. Any suggestions??? Any input on cabins 7505/7507 or 2594/2596?
Thanks again!!!

We had 6014 and 6016 and they were fine, however they are category 8 (portal).

Anything on Deck 6 should be fairly quiet.

We're in SPR 5022-5024 on the Wonder in January. I haven't been in them yet, but have read a lot of good things about them, and cabins 5522-5524 also. And you have the bonus of a window for the price of an inside room.

Good luck tomorrow!

Mike

We are traveling in connecting rooms 2530 & 2532 in 2 weeks and chose them because:
1. They are on deck 2(large window)...as opposed to deck 1(2 small portals)
2. They are listed on Dave's site( www.dcltribute.com) as being non-noisey rooms
3. We like the location...forward and near the lifts

I am anxious what you discover when trying to book. From my previous cruise, I learned that Cat 10 is the lowest categories with connecting rooms. Cat. 11 or 12 doesn't offer them. We just cruised connecting rooms 2079 and 2081. Category 10. We missed a window though, so next cruise we are in Cat. 9. What I've been told by Disney, is the category 9s do not offer connecting rooms that sleep 4 in the middle of the ship. They've told me all the center rooms all sleep 3. So beware. I'm anxious to see what you find out. Post after you have talked with them. I want to see if we get the same story.

Hello,

We just got back Sunday from 3 days on the Wonder. We stayed in room 7505 and we didn't know the family that stayed in 7507 at all. I was very concerned about the noise issue because I had read that the connecting rooms allowed for more "next-door neighbor" noise. Either the family next door were usually as quiet as church-mice or it just wasn't a problem. I did hear the little ones next door occasionally but never enough to disturb me or anyone else in my family.

We found the forward location to be very convenient for the shows since the forward elevators open up just outside the Walt Disney Theater. The location of the room was close enough to the forward elevator to be convenient but far enough away to keep out all the elevator traffic noise. The only downside to the location was that it was on the opposite end of the "secret" deck on 7 and the laundry/ironing room was on the aft end as well. We didn't find it to be a big deal, though.

Not having a window did not bother us at all;we were usually only in the room to get ready or to rest. It was, however, VERY difficult to wake up in the morning without natural light so make sure to get those Mickey wake-up calls each day!

I personally love, love, love the split bathroom floorplans in the Cat 10 and above. It is extremely convenient when having multiple persons get ready and also gives needed privacy. We were really looking to save money this trip but decided that the extra money for the split bathroom would be well spent and we still feel that same way.

I hope you have a great time whatever you decide. If you have any more specific questions, just ask.

King'sLady

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter