Please help with dining ?

KELLY

DIS Veteran
Here is where we will be going during our week stay.
MK Crystal Palce Breakfest or lunch?
Epcot Princess Breakfest for sure
HS Hollywood vine buffet done this before,Sci fi or Prime time cafe?
AK not sure where to eat for our sit down meal.

Sugestions needed please. We pefer to eat in the parks we our staying at CBR and will probably try shutters. My kids are young so it is easier with staying in the parks instead of getting them to go to a hotel. I need another suggestion for MK going there 2 times. Will also be going to DTD for a evening love Wolfgang pucks and earl of a sandwhich for counter service. Also any counter service recomendatioin especially epcot and HS. We are going to hit TL for a day so I think I we will head to DTD for the evening so any suggestion for a TSM.
Thanks

Yak and Yeti in AK haven't been there. I would maybe try the Character Breakfast at Tusker House with the characters. Lots of choices and great time!

There are only two table service restaurants inside AK - Tusker House (a buffet) and Yak & Yeti (a la carte). As noted by the previous poster, only breakfast at Tusker House is a character meal.

Just outside the gates of AK is a Rainforest Cafe which I understand is a good choice with children - but if you're on the dining plan, they don't accept it.

We love Tusker House for lunch / dinner - food is Asian / Indian influenced, more unique than many of the buffet's and really really delicious. No characters, but our favorite meal of the last trip. I would give this a huge thumbs up, unless you are the type that only likes standard fare (meat / pasta / veggies).

As far as Breakfast or Lunch at Crystal Palace, I would vote for lunch, but I am not a fan of the Breakfast Buffets...yes they are less expensive, but the food is so standard (Pancakes, sausage, bacon) one blends into the other. Crystal Palace is our 2nd favorite lunch buffet - love the frittata and the spoonbread, and they also have salmon if you like that. Love the decor too. (As you can tell from my posts DW and I like trying all different types of food - but don't get me wrong - each of these buffets has some "normal" stuff for the kids - chicken fingers, mac and cheese.) We've eaten at CP every trip we've ever taken as adults, though back in the '90s it wasn't a buffet restaurant.

DHS - I am a big fan of the sci-fi - a true unique experience. Food is nothing special though - and it gets slammed a lot here on the DIS, but that would be my vote. There is a lot more favor shown on the DIS to Prime-time, but never really appealed to me, so we haven't tried it, so I can't give you a real opinion on that one.

SkierPete

you could try Liberty Tree Tavern. The lunch menu is more interesting than the dinner to me.

You mention your kids are young but not how young. My kids didn't take too well to 50s Prime Time. They didn't get the atmosphere and were just bored and cranky with the three year old throwing a fit for a bit.

We ate at BOTH Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time on our last vacation.

While Sci-Fi was good, my family would OVERWHELMINGLY say 50's Prime Time was much better. Both food-wise and fun-wise.

In Downtown Disney, I suggest Wolfgang Puck Cafe or Raglan Road. They are both very good.

Here is where we will be going during our week stay.
MK Crystal Palce Breakfest or lunch?
Epcot Princess Breakfest for sure
HS Hollywood vine buffet done this before,Sci fi or Prime time cafe?
AK not sure where to eat for our sit down meal.

Sugestions needed please. We pefer to eat in the parks we our staying at CBR and will probably try shutters. My kids are young so it is easier with staying in the parks instead of getting them to go to a hotel. I need another suggestion for MK going there 2 times. Will also be going to DTD for a evening love Wolfgang pucks and earl of a sandwhich for counter service. Also any counter service recomendatioin especially epcot and HS. We are going to hit TL for a day so I think I we will head to DTD for the evening so any suggestion for a TSM.
Thanks
I'd go for lunch at Crystal Palace. If your kids can get by with snacking for breakfast, and you get to the park early, then lunch is a perfect time. By then you are ready for a little break. The kids are ready for a break. And you've gotten a bunch done in the morning. We got one of the first lunch seatings when we did this, went on an AM EMH day. It was a good plan.

The only other TS in MK that we've done is CRT and the Plaza. I really enjoyed the Plaza big time. We just got burgers and sundaes, but they were SO good. It's a cute little place to eat. I don't know that it's really worth a meal credit. If you are paying out OOP, it's a GREAT TS because it's relatively cheap.

Yes we are doing the free dining. We got a pin code so we are able to go 10/24 to 10/31. Off to check out the menu's on some of the suggestions. We go to Disney every year but it seems we always eat at the same places. I know it isn't everyone favorite but we really like the Crystal Palace. Soemtimes it is easier to just do buffets for us because of the kids there is no wait to get the food. My husband wasn't a fan of the tusker house breakfest but there aren't many options in AK. So I think that will be my bigest challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter