Please Help with a WS evening plan

awalker1015

DIS Veteran
Dh and I are headed to the World 3/21 with DD9 and DS7 (they will be almost 8 and 10). We are splitting our first day between MK and Epcot. We originally has Akershus booked for dinner at 6:25 but DD told us last night she really isnt into it so I cancelled it.

We have now decided to spend the late afternoon and evening touring WS. With our kids ages,what should we not miss? We won't have an ADR so we plan to snack our way through or eat at a QS. I was thinking we could do Agent P. What else do you recommended? DH and I are also looking forward to enjoying some adult beverages so any suggestions there are also welcome. :) thanks!!!

The store in Japan is very cool. There's a lot of video game merchandise there which might appeal to your son. The Pick-a-Pearl is a really fun experience for kids, probably more so for girls.

In America, Voices of Liberty is very cool to watch.

There are characters throughout World Showcase. I believe Mary Poppins and Pooh and friends meet in the UK, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco, Donald in Mexico etc.

You mentioned Agent P and I definitely second that. I played it with my nine year old nephew and we had a great time. Also enjoyed some adult beverages with my sister and brother in law while we played! It was a lot of fun.

I don't know much about Kidcot stops and the passports but I would do a search for them on the board. I've heard people with kids mention these are neat things to do throughout the WS for kids.

There's so much to explore in the WS. Take your time in each country and really explore :)

my normal plan of action,

Canada: Canada Vision (360 show)
UK: grab a drink in the rose and crown pub
France; Bakery (quiche & cakes)
Morocco: Baklava (pastry- very tasty)
Japan: shopping, very nice pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Dragonball Z and other anime items
also sweets from japan
America: Listen to the voices of liberty and then the american adventure
Italy: Pizza & Gelato
Germany: Werthers Bakery - caramel popcorn, cookies, brownies also the Sommerfest quick service has amazing Bratwurst and Currywurst
China: Eggrolls, China Circle Vision show
Norway: Kringla Bakery (school bread mmmmm)
Mexico: boat ride with three amigos. Mariachi Cobra and this is my usual stop for a quick service meal at La Cantina

i normally skip outpost or africa as there isnt anything there other than some drums and a stand selling beers and drinks

Last edited:
Definitely do Agent P thing. Hat's off to whomever came up with that.

My DD's always like to stop at the KidCot stations and draw on the mask which I now think is Duff the bear and get their name written in another language.

My all time favorite QS is Tangerine's in Morocco. I have to get the chicken/lamb combo there every trip.

The fish and chips is absolutely awesome in the UK and I always have to stop at the Rose and Crown to get a Boddington on tap. It is the only place I've ever seen it.

The kids always like Sergio in Italy and the waiters in France.

im not sure what kind of personality your children have but when I was their age my parents were taking me into all the circlevision movies and watching those, but my little cousins on the other had never liked them. i think they will definately liked the canada movie, the mexico boat ride, and the rock band in united kingdom apeals to all ages.

All great suggestions!! My son is a huge Pokemon fan so Japan is a must for us now.

I'm actually so glad she wanted to cancel Akershus so we have this opportunity to explore WS.

Germany - grapefruit beer. My husband would not miss this at all.

Pot stickers in China. Enough for each of you to have one (get some duck sauce for them).

At the end of the night - champagne from France and then watch Illuminations.

We love to watch the 360 film in China. We also like to watch the Chinese acrobats perform. There are a lot of street performers at the various country pavilions that are great to stop and watch. Our favorite is the comedy, chair climbing/balancing show "Serveur Amusant" in France. We like to stop and see the characters in Epcot. We like to wander through some of the shops. The Chinese and Japanese pavilions are our favorites. We always make a visit to Karamell Kuche, a caramel shop that has delicious treats in the Germany pavilion.

i normally skip outpost or africa as there isnt anything there other than some drums and a stand selling beers and drinks

You say that like it's a bad thing! :drinking1 :rotfl2:

You will be there during Flower and Garden Festival! There will be all kinds of neat food and drinks to try at the Outdoor Kitchen booths. Is the 21st the actual day that you will be there? If so, there are weekend Garden Rocks concerts in the evening. Have a great time!

You will be there during Flower and Garden Festival! There will be all kinds of neat food and drinks to try at the Outdoor Kitchen booths. Is the 21st the actual day that you will be there? If so, there are weekend Garden Rocks concerts in the evening. Have a great time!
We arrive 3/21 but arent hitting the parks until 3/22

Definitely want to add another vote to the Japan Pavilion. We can easily spend a couple of hours in this store/Pavilion. Pick a pearl is so much fun. Youngest DD had her pearl put into a setting and it's beautiful.

Also, my DD's always want to stop at the Bead Outpost in Africa to buy beads (made out of recycled Disney maps) made into earrings / necklaces. The proceeds go to mama's in African to support their families (these are the artists who made the beads/jewelry). They are all beautiful, unique and an affordable souvenir to bring home. We like to each bring home a new pair of earrings each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter