• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help-What type of Misty Mate to get?

elsabear

Mouseketeer
DH & I are going to stay at POR for 3 nights August 5th to 8th. We usually go in December or January, but have a one time chance to go without kids (first trip ever without in 9 years).:woohoo: We will probably only be going to a park (Epcot) for one day. I have read so many good reports on personal misters such as Misty Mate that I think I would like to have one. I am trying to figure out what kind to get - I know they come in different sizes etc. but don't know what would be my best bet for Disney.:confused3 Anyone care to share their own experiences and suggestions? Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom anyone could give :goodvibes

I recently got the Misty Mate Cool Blast 2.5 oz mister and really like it. I like it because you pump it rather than using a battery. This makes is a lot lighter to carry around. It is a little bigger than an electric tooth brush. The mist it gives is very light and refreshing. I saw them on sale at walgreens this weekend for around $7. It doesn't hold a ton of water so you would probably want a couple for a family but, so convienent to find a water fountain to refill with.

Thanks Fer Fer - that was one that I had looked at on ebay and Misty Mate's site. Since they are small, about how long do you think one would last - It will just be my husband and myself - I wonder if we should each get one and just try to refill?

I would go with one for each of you. We just purchased four (one for each of us) for our Aug. trip. They are relatively small. Good luck !!:thumbsup2

Walgreens has the 10 oz. sport type and it's the size of a normal water bottle. They are $9.99.

It fits in a water bottle spot on a back pack and also has a belt clip. It's big enough to fill with ice/water, but not too heavy. Has a spiral hose, so it doesn't have to be removed from the backpack or belt/waist and can be used for 2 or more people.

http://www.mistymate.com/mmp10.html

We bought the smaller 2.5 Misty Mate Cool Blast. It doesn't have the hose but works well and fits in our park bag. We bought one for each family member.

Thanks for the tips - looks like I will have to take a trek to Walgreens - Unfortunately the closest one is about 1/2 hr away. I tried calling them first to see if they had the Misty Mates and after being on hold for what seemed like forever:rolleyes1 the kid told me he couldn't find them - Actually I kind of think he forgot about me but that's ok - it gives me an excuse to go to a store I don't normally get to go to

Elsabear: All three Walgreens stores by my house sold out of Misty Mates almost immediately - they were on sale about a month ago. They only got one small shipment in and never got another. So yours may not have any left.

If you do go, look in two different places: the seasonal section (with the beach toys, beach towels, etc.) and also in the seciton that sells electric fans. I looked all over the seasonal section, and almost left the store before I thought to check by the fans. That's where mine were!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip ZoZo - I will check out the 2 areas of Walgreens - if they are out I guess I can just order online!

do you need to put ice in these to make them effective? Or re-filling it from the water fountain is good enough? I am thinking about trying one this year, but don't want to be loaded down with extra stuff if possible. I already have two Brita water bottles and since I'm the only adult going on this trip, there will be no DH to carry everything! I was thinking about the smaller 2.5 size....how many sprays can you get from one fill?

You don't need ice but I guess shaved ice would make it that much cooler. We've been using plain water and it works well. One water fill lasts a very long time...hours...of course it depends on how many times you spray.

We tried the cooling neck wraps on our trip 5 years ago and didn't like them. It must have been the brand we bought but they swelled and had an unusual odor. I haven't hear of anyone else have problems but it turned my family off to them. We also had personal fans that worked well.

Thanks Fer Fer - that was one that I had looked at on ebay and Misty Mate's site. Since they are small, about how long do you think one would last - It will just be my husband and myself - I wonder if we should each get one and just try to refill?

I haven't had a chance to really use it but I would say it would last quite awhile for just little bits at a time. You do have to pump it every so often to put the pressure back in. I would say for two people, one would be sufficient. When I go in sept. I got just one to share between my DH and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter