Please help this triplet mom!

Here is a link from Google that shows the bunks and the murphy beds. Plus a pack and play (yikes that was a crowded cabin)

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=...61&tbnw=127&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:89,i:38

If you feel comfortable with one of the kids sleeping on the top bunk you could as others have suggested put two on the bottom feet to feet and one on the top bunk and be Ok in the cabin that sleeps 4 Mine always took turns sleeping on the top bunk.

I don't want to give the wrong impression . . . we will, of course, enjoy every minute - glitches and all . . . and, of course, there will be glitches and the unexpected as that is life . . . and we will be grateful for the wonderful as well as the challenges (as they only serve to remind us of all that we have) . . . I can't wait to see my trio of faces light up, wide-eyed in awe of it all . . . but as a mom of triplets who are still quite young, I am also nothing if not practical and prepared . . . and I have to be . . . I have much that demands my attention on the fly - anything I can prepare for and problem-solve ahead of time, saves us in toddler meltdowns (and sometimes adult meltdowns too!). They are 3 awesome little people - and very good kids . . . but, trust me, you never want a trifecta of meltdowns if you can help it . . . and our fellow travelors (family as well as those of you who will unknowingly sit next to us) really wouldn't want me to do it any other way ;) So I will stress before we go and plan it out as much as I can - so that when we're there, I can just enjoy - and let it all fall where it will. I am so grateful for all of your ideas - and the opportunity to bounce ideas off of ya all! Thanks - in triplicate!

Murphy bed is only in cabins that sleep 5, as far as I know.

People WILL cancel as the cruise nears--they always do. You can have the TA waitlist you for a 5 person cabin. While DCL doesn't maintain a list, some TAs do. And he/she can call DCL daily to ask about it or ask every time they contact DCL on another matter. Most people who are going to drop will do so shortly before the beginning of the penalty period, but people cancel at any time for any reason.

Waitlist main dining. Again, have TA contact DCL at least monthly to ask about it.

If you end up with 4 person cabin, what about making a sleeping bag/bed on the floor for one or more of the kids. You can easily put 2 on the sofa bed and one on the floor. And nap time is essential! Bottom line, it is way too early to panic. It will work out.

Weedy - thanks so much for the photo - that helps a lot! It helps extra that I can tell that there's a pnp in front of the sofa- so there should be room, I think, for the inflatable bed.

Unfortunately, right now they've been telling me that there are NO cabins at all that we can have for 5 - even concierge. It was a struggle to even find one that they would put 4 of us in. The one we have is for 4 only (and I have to book one child in my parents' room) - there is the queen, the sofa and the murphy only (per Disney this am) - no top bunk (cabin 7586). But I figure if the bunk mattresses are removable, maybe I can get one from the CS for the floor? Anyone know if that might be possible - or how I could find out? Best case scenario - someone with a room that sleeps 5 cancels and I can snap it up . . . but I'd like to have a Plan B because it looks super packed for this sailing.

Spring break and holiday times always fill quickly, but people DO drop....from here it is a matter of luck and having a TA who will really bird dog this for you. If someone cancels and the TA doesn't catch it, it doesn't help you!

Good luck.

Yes, your room steward will move out the coffee table if you wish, and that would make room for the air mattress or other on the floor device.

If it is the pull down bunk, you can also take that mattress down and maybe still squeeze two on that and one on the sofa?

QUOTE]

I wondered about this too - anyone know for sure if you can remove the mattress from the top bunk and just use it on the floor.

We did it on the Wonder for the first night since we didn't know about the extra bedrails (which aren't just "extra" -- they are significantly bigger and safer). It's heavy, but definitely doable. And just tell your stateroom attendant that you are going to leave it that way -- he will take out the coffee table if you want (but we want ours so the boys can draw, eat, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter