• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help this triplet mom!

I'm thinking of something like this. If we are able to get the cabin (7586) that has a queen, the convetible sofa and the muphy bed, I was thinking I could bring one of these - just in case sleeping 2 on a sofa doesn't work out. I'd really be happy if we don't have that top bunk! I just picture the little monkeys climbing and jumping . . . and having so much fun on the "playground" until someone cracks a skull - lol

Yeah, the pull-down bunk seems pretty high for a 3-year-old. Even just getting down in the middle of the night would scare the crap outta me. We use the extra bedrail now, and even with that I'm still a little sketchy since the boys would still roll off a regular bed. The inflatable would be awesome for peace of mind on the murphy!

Our 4 year DD fell out of the pull-down bunk the first night of our DREAM cruise and landed on her head! Luckily she was okay except for a major bruise on her forehead (nice memory for all the pics). I do not recommend the pull-down for small children.

I'm thinking of something like this. If we are able to get the cabin (7586) that has a queen, the convetible sofa and the muphy bed, I was thinking I could bring one of these - just in case sleeping 2 on a sofa doesn't work out. I'd really be happy if we don't have that top bunk! I just picture the little monkeys climbing and jumping . . . and having so much fun on the "playground" until someone cracks a skull - lol

The bed stays up in the ceiling til the room steward pulls it down -- the monkeys can't play on it (or even know it's there) unless you want it down.

Just a suggestion:

I would really try to have them potty trained by the time you go. That way they can go to the club. Even if just at dinner time (I think everyone in your family would enjoy this more) They can use the pools and The Mickey slide.
Maybe try and tell them Mickey really wants you to go on the potty so you can swim in his pool and go on his slide.

Late dinner worked for us when our kids were young. We went feed them in the room before the early show either from room service or picked up pizza on the pool deck. Milk and fruit is available on the pool deck also. Then we would all go to dinner let them get a snack and then take them to the club. Now they have "Dine and Play" the bring the kids food fast and the kids club comes to the restaurant and takes them to the club.

Have a great Cruise

Just a suggestion:

I would really try to have them potty trained by the time you go. That way they can go to the club. Even if just at dinner time (I think everyone in your family would enjoy this more) They can use the pools and The Mickey slide.
Maybe try and tell them Mickey really wants you to go on the potty so you can swim in his pool and go on his slide.

That's a great idea - they might just do it for Mickey! It sure would make things easier if they were reliable by the time of the trip. And the Dine and Play option sounds fabulous - and just what we need - my parents are spending a FORTUNE on this trip for us all and I feel so guilty that we might be the ones to make it stressful for everyone. My parents will be awesome about it all no matter what, but I guess I'm putting a lot of pressure on myslef to make it the Perfect Trip, knowing how expensive it all is (and they are taking a total of 11 of us!!!) - and that it's a Once In A Lifetime Event for us all to go together . . .

Okay wait a sec, is the Murphy bed a full/queen? Or are you talking about the pull down bunk? Sorry I was confused.

If there is indeed a full/queen Murphy, I would either use those inflatable rails or pull down the mattress and have all three sleep on it on the floor. Or one on the convertible sofa with the mattress right under it. No need to take extra stuff.

If it is the pull down bunk, you can also take that mattress down and maybe still squeeze two on that and one on the sofa?

Taking extra stuff both costs more and leaves less room for princess/pirate costumes and stuff you will buy!

Ok take a deep breath and STOP STRESSING lol! Really I think all will work out for you and your little ones, You have extra help with all your family going so just enjoy! If your kids love disney then you have picked the best possible vacation you could ever imagine, even if there are a few bumps in the road so to speak , times that by all the fun and great memories that you will be experiencing from sun up to sun down and you will see its all worth it in the end! Be flexible with any plans you make and make sure you have your camera ready for all the smiles you will capture that will melt your heart and all your stress away! ::yes:::lovestruc:dance3:

If your room has a murphy bed, then use it for one or two of the kids and the sofabed for the other one or two. Then you don't need the upper bunk.

disneymagicgirl said:
Bring one or two of these along. They fit easily in suitcase and are perfect for your kids' ages.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regalo-My-Cot-Travel-Bed/4433186

Enjoy!

The reviews on this item shows that there is a bar, or a tight strap, right in the middle of the sleeping area. I needed a bed too for DW after our cruise. I got a blow up bed much like the one. The OP posted but it was half the price of that one.

OP, pm me if you want the link.
Cheers

Okay wait a sec, is the Murphy bed a full/queen? Or are you talking about the pull down bunk? Sorry I was confused.

QUOTE]

The Murphy bed is, sadly, only a twin. Sounds like it's about the same size as the sofa ends up being once converted - and that both are about the same size as the top bunk. I had originally thought the sofa bed was more of a pull-out and bigger - then I thought the Murphy would be bigger and perfect too . . . but it's all twin size . . .

If it is the pull down bunk, you can also take that mattress down and maybe still squeeze two on that and one on the sofa?

QUOTE]

I wondered about this too - anyone know for sure if you can remove the mattress from the top bunk and just use it on the floor.

I highly recommend the afternoon nap time. Our were exhausted and over stimulated from everything...so much to take in for any age. Ours were in second grade and still we took advantage of resting late afternoon. We found on longer cruises it is a must to make it to the end of the week. How lucky you are to have grandparents taking you. Enjoy....they will soon be seniors in high school like ours!

Sounds like you have enough beds. Two of them will have to share or put one on the floor.

I believe you can get extra bed rails for the sofa and murphy bed.

Also keep checking the website and calling Disney Cruise I'm sure there will be a cancellation for a cabin that sleeps 5. I think the only rooms that have the pull down murphy beds are the ones that sleep 5. So the cabin will have the queen bed, the couch that turns into the two bunk beds and the murphy bed. We sailed the first time when our kids were 5 and 7 and they slept in the bunk beds never had a problem with anyone falling out. We would only put the ladder up when it was time for them to get into bed. Your room steward will put the beds down while your at dinner and will put them back up in the morning while your at breakfast or shortly there after. So there is not a lot of time that you have to deal with the bunks and the ladder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter