Please help settle another stroller debate

Lots of good advice. Would you all suggest a stroller for a 5 year old and should I rent one ahead of time (versus the ones from the park)?

I would say rent one ahead of time if you don't want to be carrying a sleeping 5 year old back to the bus or your car, and then to your room from the bus or car.

We are going at the end of May and we're planning on doing a single stroller rather than a double. We have 2 children- -3&7. My husband would like for our 7 year old to walk the entire time. I would rather rent a double and he can choose to either use it or not. I know it'll be hot, my 7 year old said he needs it to relax when he gets tired. He is in great shape but when he gets tired he still wants to be carried and can be quite a bear. What would you guys do- single and walk or double and maybe walk/ride?

I'm with your hubby. No way would I be lugging a double around for a 7 year old. Ours walk at age 4. We spent our first 5 trips with a double, moved to a single when our two youngest were 3 and 4, and stopped taking one completely last year when our youngest turned 4. This is our 3rd trip with no stroller (youngest two are now 5 & 6) and I LOVE it!

We went stroller free when my dd was 4 and it was so awesome as we had so much more freedom however we are not rope drop to close kind of people. We always took long mid day breaks at hotel on property using the busses or monorails, so that helps.

This is exactly how I felt!! I also went bagless for the first time and it is super freeing not to have to haul around a bunch of stuff.

Two things that make this work for us: 1) We don't go to the parks for more than 6-8 hrs most of the time anymore and 2) We take breaks as needed, even just to sit down for a quick snack.

Reminds me of Halloween and hardly anyone walks their kids around any more no matter what their age. You see parents driving kids door to door no matter what their ages!

My kids are 7 & 9 and they requested a stroller for this trip. We have rented a double stroller for our last 2 trips. My kids are small (less than 100lbs combined). I asked when planning this trip if they wanted one for this trip and without hesitation they both said YES!! They know how much walking it is. I don't really care what other people think. Who wants to be dragging a tired fussy kid out of the parks at 9pm??

I would not do a stroller. Grab a bench, or let the three year.old walk for a while if the 7 year old wants to grab a quick ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter