• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help...room-only or package?

BRMommy

Earning My Ears
Greetings everyone. This is my first post although I have been a silent observer for a couple years. I need your help and I know someone out there can provide an answer. I am in the early stages of planning our trip for October 2009. We [Myself, DH, DS12, DD9] will be spending 9 nights. The kids have decided they would like to stay at Pop Century. I am leaning towards NOT doing the dining this time as all those reservations add too much structure for my liking. I LOVED having everything paid for last time with the dining plan but the fact that we need reservations so far in advance makes vacation not seem like vacation. We will spend 6 days in the Disney parks, a day at Sea World and a day at Universal. Like everyone else I am hoping for a code or some sort of deal. I don't want to wait too long and not get a room. Should I book a room-only or Magic Your Way with tickets? I wonder what happens if I book a package and get lucky enough to receive a room only pin? OR if I book room only and then there is a package deal like now (Buy 4 get 3 free)? What do you suggest I do? I am letting this stress me out too much already. I will gladly take any advice you can throw my way. Thanks to you all----and I LOVE DISboards!

I generally find the best possible room rate because that is the primary pricing factor in a package unless you get free dining. I found that the AAA rate is a much as 20% off published rack rate at the Values. Last year I paid $49 at Pop in late September with AAA discount for 2 nights, then $45 for three nights with an AP discount. You do not have to book through AAA to get that discount, but you do have to ask for it when you make your reservations. Hope that it helpful! You can always cancel or change your reservation if a better promotion is offered.

ditto, room only... that way ya got it... and you can work around it later if other options or discounts come up

As the others stated, and you did too, Room only. We don't like structured or scheduled vacations. We've done 41 trips, all room only, better room discounts and never done any dining plan. Reasons stated earlier and we do not want advanced ADR's. We eat when we want, we're flexible and we stay on property to see and do most at a relaxed pace. Packages give you too much stuff that you might not use and you paid good money for. We've found the resort pools entertain us enough so we do not need the water park options, boat rental and golf options. We take either the AAA or AP room only discount and we're there.

17.gif

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am in the process of pricing AAA membership to book my room only reservations. Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter