• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help quick, BW Lakeside or Comfort Inn LBV

Monkeyfeet

Mouseketeer
We would be paying $54 of the Bewst Western Lakeside and $39 at the Comfort Inn Lake BV. All we really care about is a nice clean place. A good shuttle would be great but we will have a car so no big deal.

Whisch one is closer to MK and Epcot?

I need to make a decision fast before the sale ends so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Kelly

I just booked the Comfort Inn LBV special recently for our April trip. I would go with that one. The rooms have recently been renovated. We stayed there last year for 3 nights before our cruise. The rooms are nice and clean, and we're looking forward to seeing the newly remodeled rooms. The breakfast buffet was really good, also. We didn't have any dinner there, so i'm not sure about that. The main thing I would recommend if you book this one, is request a parking lot view, away from traffic noise. We had a room facing traffic (I-4 traffic), and the noise was terrible. I had to take Benadryl just to be able to sleep. So this time, I requested a parking lot view. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me!

Also, it is VERY close to Downtown Disney. Great location!

I wish I had caught this yesterday! I hope you can change your booking. BW Lakeside is a gem- very clean and always gets 4 of 5* ratings from users. Unfortunately, CI LBV is very hit or miss and always gets poor reviews on trip advisor.

Unfortunately, CI LBV is very hit or miss and always gets poor reviews on trip advisor.

There's a lot of people that go to the travel sites and post negativity. I've even seen bad reviews for the Disney hotels, including the Grand Floridian! I wouldn't totally rely on only the bad reviews, because some people can never be totally pleased and will complain about anything.

Trip advisor does have the best hotel photos, though, that I've seen on any of the sites.

^^ I agree, there are many nay-sayers out there. I am not one of them. I can attest from several bad experiences that there is a reason for the poor ratings. I don't expect much, just a place that's clean, reasonably comfortable, and quiet. CI LBV on the I-4 side is pure misery. The windows are not sound insulated and the only sounds you hear all night are sirens and trucks. :headache: The remodeled rooms on the Palm Pkwy side are great! But those rooms are reserved for individuals paying rack-rate. The $29 and $49 rates guarantee you a spot with an I-4 view in a non-renovated room, complete with mold, stained bed linens, and just general nastiness.

Just so we're clear. The Ho-Jo on 192 get's two thumbs up from me, so I'm not picky. :goodvibes

^^ The remodeled rooms on the Palm Pkwy side are great! But those rooms are reserved for individuals paying rack-rate. The $29 and $49 rates guarantee you a spot with an I-4 view in a non-renovated room, complete with mold, stained bed linens, and just general nastiness.

I thought each and every room had been remodeled. Is that correct?

^^ No, Emme. They are in the process of remodeling all of the rooms but the project hasn't been completed. Once it's completed, it'll be very nice, but still won't reduce the traffic noise form I-4. To my understanding, they are not replacing the windows.

Don't know if all remodeling has been completed, but if it is only for the Palm Pkwy side, just request a room on that side.

We always request Pkg lot side and have never been denied it.

I just got finished staying at the CILBV 2 weeks ago and yes, all rooms have been renovated. The room was great...even the I-4 side. I just plugged in my ear plugs at night and slept like a baby. Room was clean, bed was very comfortable, had plenty of room. You wont be disappointed. I have also stayed at the Lakeside. It is good too but I'll have to say, I enjoyed CILBV better. I have stayed at both hotels recently as I said. I just re-booked again at CILBV for June using the $39/night rate from Bookit. Go, enjoy and don't worry...the room will be fine.

I just plugged in my ear plugs at night and slept like a baby.

Good idea about the ear plugs! I'll take some just in case we don't get a parking lot view. I did request it, though, so we'll see!

I also read some reviews where people were saying that ALL rooms have been renovated.

^^ No, Emme. They are in the process of remodeling all of the rooms but the project hasn't been completed. Once it's completed, it'll be very nice, but still won't reduce the traffic noise form I-4. To my understanding, they are not replacing the windows.

I have been in at least 5 of the renovated rooms. They are very nice, but you are correct. They did not replace any windows.... or doors for that matter. The I-4 noise is still there.. When I stay, I request a parking lot view & am always granted my request. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter