Please Help! POR or POFQ

waterfront

Earning My Ears
Please Help! We booked a WDW trip for September and our 1st pick CS wasn't available so I picked POFQ without doing any research and am rethinking my decision. Please help me decide if POR would be better than POFQ. We have a 9 and a 5 year old. Thanks!!

Please Help! We booked a WDW trip for September and our 1st pick CS wasn't available so I picked POFQ without doing any research and am rethinking my decision. Please help me decide if POR would be better than POFQ. We have a 9 and a 5 year old. Thanks!!

We're leaving in 1 day and 14 hours for POFQ and our first trip to WDW. Choose POFQ because it had a lounge and a pool with a slide and was mature enough for our 13 and 14 yr olds.

All the pictures Ive seen on this website ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=530340 ) show a lot of kids your age.

For all things PO try http://www.portorleans.org/index.htm

Personally I would think that the 9 year old would like the pool at POR the best. It has a big slide. Our 4 year old son liked it as well. Right behind the pool is a real nice playground as well. There is a bar at the pool too for adults. They have fishing, bike rentals, pirate cruise and boat rentals.

If you want a small resort then pic FQ. If you want a "destination" then pick POR. HTH some.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

We have stayed at both several times. We like the size, the ambience, and the bus service at the FQ a lot. The lounge is OK with a jazz musician playing 4 nights a week. We love the food choices and the lounge at PO-Riverside. We absolutely love Bob Jackson's show at the River Roost lounge on Wednesday thru Saturday. It is a must for one night no matter where we stay at WDW. We are going in September and staying at the Beach Club Villas. We are still making time to go to PO-R to catch his show. It is a hoot and you don't have to have a drink (but I will be having a draft). I feel that the pools are a wash, they are outstanding in their own way. I like the decor of the rooms at PO-FQ a little bit better since the last re-hab. Seriously, you will have a great time at either resort! They are the only modeates we will consider.

Thank you everyone for the great responses. If anyone has anything else please let me know because I am has undecided as ever.

We have never stayed at either, but we have visited both. If we were to leave CSR, POFQ would be the only other moderate we would consider. We don't like the POR or CAR at all. Don't like the themeing; food court was okay, but hated Boatwright's. And it was way too noisy when we were there walking around and eating at Boatwright's you couldn't even hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation, with the bar with the piano player right next door and then the food court on the other side.

We are CSR lovers, but my husband and I stayed at POFQ for an adults-only trip. It was nice and quiet and everything was convenient. It was fine for a short trip. My only negative opinion was that I thought it lacked a "resort" feeling - everything was kind of too close together for my preference. I felt like the buildings were right on top of each other. If you won't be using a stroller at the resort, then POFQ would probably work great for you.

We thought the pool at POFQ was really cute. You can always try out the pool at POR if you want to try something different; since they are sister resorts you have access to both pools.

We haven't stayed at POR but most of the time the bus that picked us up at POFQ went to POR and while we always had a seat, the buses got crammed full at POR. Sometimes we only made one stop there, got full and didn't pick up the outer bus-stops. I liked being the first off the bus at night at POFQ.

I think you made a good decision. Stick with it!

POFQ all the way. We stayed at POFQ 11/08 and absolutely adored everything about this resort. We did venture over to POR and it was lovely but so spread out and enormous compared to the intimate beauty of POFQ. You and your children will love POFQ. Have a great time.:goodvibes

we always stay at the french quarters. we love the size of it. i couldnt imagine doing all the walking that some people complain about in the resort. plus its quite. then when we want to head over and be more part of the action we can take the boat to por. which do occasionally. we do like to use both pools.

We stayed at FQ last time and are trying Riverside this time :) I can't wait! It took me a long time to decide between the two... the other two mods just don't appeal to me.

I am certain you'll have an awesome time at either :)

It really comes down to if you be at the Resort much. If so I would strongly suggest POR. If not than I would suggest POFQ for less walking and able to get where you are going quicker.

At POR it is nice to walk around and they have several quiet pools that are nice if you do not want to go to their main pool.

You try splitting the stay between both.;)

They only true reason that we went to POFQ on each trip to POR is for their beignets. They are fantastic!! Morning or night. Their store is tiny and their food court or seating area anyway is much smaller.

If walking is a major concern you could request one of the rooms at POR that is closer to boatwrights. Each time we went we were very close to a bus station but a 5 mintue walk to boatwrights. We were in one of the AB buildings in the back. That did not bother me at all. But it may you.

The playground at POR is much nicer than at POFQ. At FQ my son was bored right away. At POR he played for over an hour and we had to drag him away for dinner! Nice view for tha parents while sitting there watching them play. You have the water right behind you and the Resort there as well.

If it helps at all I was deciding between POR and the Poly. It would of only been a $500 difference for our stay of 6 days. I choose to go with POR again. We did go and visit the Poly and did not regret our choice at all. Though we used the Neverland Club for our son while we dined at the Poly. I would highly recommend that!!

POFQ is great. It has a secluded hot tub, kids rarely go into it because parents can not see them from the main pool. It's on the other side of the bar. It has it's own bus stop at MK in the evening. Have a great time at my favorite resort.

We stayed there in '06--DS (5) & DH. I don't know if this is still true, but the bus schedule was such that the PO resorts shared buses. POFQ was picked up first & dropped off first. That was a huge deal in August because many times the bus was almost full by the time it got to POR & only a few guests were able to get on. The rest had to wait for the next bus. And getting off the bus first after a long day at the parks was a perk, too.

It was quaint, clean, & quiet. The pool has a cool slide for kids, but other than that the resort really didn't "feel" like Disney--characters & such.

This time we're trading our moderate for ASMo since our DS wants to stay there...

POFQ you will be much happier here the bus service is better and so is the food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter