• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Help! POFQ or CBR

spauldo

Earning My Ears
Hello all! This will be our very first trip to Disney:cool1: , so I need some advice please! We will be traveling from May 30th until June 6th and we will have 2 little ones with us. Our daughter will be 3 and our son will be 21 months. Which resort would you recommend between the POFQ and CBR? Thanks for any and all suggestions!:)

Well with the ages of your kids POFQ might be a bit easier for you due to its much smaller size. CBR is a large resort and it could be a bit of a haul to your room with 2 tired little ones at the end of the day. We stayed at POFQ in February and absolutely loved it! Everything is just a few minutes from anywhere in the resort. It is very charming and the boat ride to DTD is a definite plus. CBR looks very nice as well but it may work better for your gang when the kids are a little older. Good luck!

Definately POFQ. It is the smallest of the Moderate resorts, so you are pretty close to everything, no matter where your room is. Plus, POFQ has only one bus stop. CBR is huge and if you want to be close to everything you have to pay more, those rooms are considered prefered rooms. Plus CBR has many bus stops.

I also think the pool at POFQ is pretty kid friendly. There is a dragon slide in the pool, and even if your kids won't go down it, they will probably think it is pretty neat to look at.

I would choose POFQ over CBR with kids that young.

We have stayed at both. When we were at CBR the kids were (just)4 & 6. When we stayed at POFQ they were 5 & (just)8. They preferred CBR way more than POFQ. So did DH and I. There was nothing wrong with POFQ, just not really for us I guess.

I just depends what you are looking for in a resort. These are 2 very different resorts. Each has their pros and cons. Do you want a small compact resort or a more lush spread out resort?

I'm sure most responses will tell you go to to POFQ because of the size.

POFQ is very very small. For the pros - All buildings are close to everything. You never have to walk far to the food court, the pool, or the bus stop. Which is great. Also, the offer a boat to DTD. As for the cons - For us the thing is that we schedule in a lot of "down time" on our vacation, we don't go to the parks from open to close everyday. So with all the down time at POFQ we were a little bored. Not much to see I guess, we walked the whole resort in about 15 minutes. Other things to consider are that the main pool and food court are very small, and it shares buses with POR.

CBR is very very big. Very spread out and tropical. We felt more relaxed here. With the resort so spread out we never felt crowded. Each village has it's own quiet pool and it's own bus stop, so you are never far from either. You can reserve a preferred room at CBR and be right next to OPR (food court, restaurant, main pool, gift shops). All other villages can be a 5-12 minutes walk to OPR. There is an internal bus if you don't want to walk. CBR is very beautiful and we enjoyed the walks. With the brand new huge zero entry pool and the new children's pirate pool and the new Nemo rooms I'm sure your children would love it! The rooms at CBR are bigger than all the other moderates. Here are some CBR pics - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845975

I'm sure you will decide what's best for your family and will be happy at either. We enjoyed them both. I would say the main things would be the theming and the size, they are totally different in each aspect.

Good luck! :goodvibes

We stayed at POFQ back in June and loved it! We leave next week for CBR, so can't really comment on it yet....but from what i've read, I agree that POFQ might be a bit easier because of it's size....

Definitely go with POFQ!! I had a terrible stay at CBR and won't be returning there any time soon. The place is just waaayyy tooo big and has no elevators.

With the age of your kids, I would go with POFQ since it is the smallest of the moderates and everything is close. And we thought the food court at the CBR was the worse food court of all the Disney properties we have eaten at--and we have eaten at most of them.

Most of CBR rooms have been renovated and photos look great. I loved staying here when my kids were little. POFQ doesn't seem like a place as well suited to families with really young children....just my opinion.

Updates to main pool at CBR also look amazing. I would go with CBR !!!

Another vote for POFQ, it is very good for families and our DD loved the mardi gras statues everywhere and the pool area. A PP mentioned that POFQ is small and can be covered in 15 minutes, that is true BUT your only a short walk to the luscious and spread out POR resort that where you can use their pools, amenities, SD restuarant and food court.

We stayed at POFQ in July and loved it. My DW has some mobility issues, so we really enjoyed not having to walk far from our room to everything else. Our kids loved the pool. We had a great time. Great resort, and we would certainly stay there again.

We visited CBR in June 2007! LOVED IT:thumbsup2 Our DS was 6 at the time. We are visiting POFQ for our next trip in June 2009. I agree if this is your first time with small children POFQ would be perfect. Your children will not have a serious opinion about the resort they are at;) My sister and her family(one 8yr included) stayed at POFQ as first time WDW guests in June 2008. They loved it. They thought it was wonderful and clean. They were so happy they took my advice because I didn't want them to spend their time trying to figure out a resort and missing time at the parks.

Love CBR!!!Get a preferrd rooom in Martinique or Trinidad North and you will be close to everything. The Martinique rooms are all recently redone and are done witrh a new Nemo theme. The pool area is wonderful and they have a brand new kiddie pool area that is a vast improvement over the old one. I think your kids will love the atmosphere, beaches, playground.....plus, the transportation was wonderful. As for the food court, ate there several times on our recent Oct. trip and it was fine. We had no complaints and we are picky eaters!

One thing POFQ has going for it is it's own bus stop at MK in the evening. There's also live entertainment in the evening. POR is a short walk away. There are carriage rides over at POR. Since it is a sister resort you can use any of the pools there too.

Thanks everyone for your help! I have to make my decision tonight and I still don't know!:confused3

I am kind of leaning towards the CBR only because their new pool is a no entry and I think that might be easier with a 21mo.

My votes POFQ. CBR just had no views. Felt like everywhere you looked was a parking lot. POFQ keeps the theme. Much more relaxing and can hop on a boat to Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter