Please help! Parent's 30th Anniversary Dinner!

harleyquinn

<font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th
Hi everyone!

This is my first post ever on the Restaurant Board! :teeth:

I'm taking my parents for their first trip ever in October, 2006 (Yes, my name is Sarah and I'm a plan-aholic) and I want to do something special for them for their 30th Anniversary, and give them a taste (pun intended) of the the great dining that Disney has to offer. But, even I don't know much about great disney dining.

I've never made a PS or an AR. I want to pay for them, but don't know how without just giving them the cash. My parents will have a car to take them wherever they need to go.

So I need suggestions for a romantic awesome dinner for two for about $100. And I need guidance in how and when to make reservations for them.

They love all kinds of food.
Please help me make this a gift they'll never forget!

I think the Hoop Dee Doo would be a good choice. I think you can make reservations 2 years in advance. You pay for the meal/tickets when you make the reservations.
It is our favorite dinner at WDW. It's an anniversary tradition for us.

Here's my suggestion for a MOST romantic Anniversary Dinner AND evening!

It might cost you a total of $125 for the both of them. (Let them pick up the tab in Epcot)

I've suggested this to one other person....gypsydoodlebug, here on DIS....

Make reservations at the Yachtman's Steak House at the Yacht club for the latest you can, which I think is like 10:15.

Plan of attack?

1. Have them take a late afternoon nap.

2. Get up and Valet Park at the Yacht Club by 6:30.

3. Have a cocktail at the Yacht Club ($15), then at about 7:30 - 8pm take their water transportation boat from their dock over to Epcot.

4. Disembark at the "International Gateway" at Epcot. Take a right into Epcot's World Showcase and walk over to "Monaco" to view "Illuminations". The BEST place for viewing is to the left (when facing the water) of the entrance to "Monocos" boat dock.

5. While your mom holds their spaces, have your Dad go over to Monaco and get your mom and he both a frosty frozen drink (he pays).

6. View Illuminations at 9pm

7. After Illuminations hang back a bit and let the crowds dispurse before heading back to the International Gateway and take the boat back to the Yachtclub.

8. Have dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse (ask to be seated in their round routunda looking room, its very private, especially late at night and less "kitchen noise") and have them go for Chateaubriand for Two - 18 oz. tenderloin served with bernaise, mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms ($80). Start out with their Caesar Salad -- crisp romaine lettuce, grated parmesan cheese and garlic sourdough croutons ($8), which is plenty big enough for 2 people. Have them end the evening with Dessert Sampler Platter for Two -- chef's sampling of their desserts ($11)

9. Send them back to their hotel and well....I shouldn't have to tell ya the rest!

I am not sure how to arrange the cocktails part of the evening, but the dinner part, you could arrange with the YS prior to the evening for them to bill your credit card, another way you could arrange it for BOTH the cocktails and dinner, is to give your parents an outline of my suggestions above (minus the dollar amounts) in a card, along with Disney Money (very fun and very spendable at WDW) which comes in a wide variety of dollar amounts.

Hope you like the suggestion...it really is a very affordable romantic FULL evening.

Gee Sarah, you sound like a great daughter! My wife and I were married 30 years last April and we're going down to WDW Sunday night. We honeymooned in central Florida and one of our stops was Orlando.

When we have loved ones going to Disney we sometimes give Disney Dollars. We purchase them at the local Disney Store. They have to take them and can't use them anywhere but at things Disney. Hope you make your dream come true, you'll be at the right place.

Thanks Mister Disney! After reading some other threads I saw the Yachtman mentioned a bunch of times.

Thanks for the Disney dollar suggestion, and i love the idea of setting it up with the restaurant in advance.

So how far ahead can I call to make a reservation? Anything I should know there?

I'd still welcome other suggestions too!

And thanks Furnacefighter! I've never had the funds to do anything special for their anniversary before, so this time I want to go all out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter