Please help-need to order meal vouchers-how many?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
Last Oct, DH, DD1, and I used 2 Q&C's for some food court/counter service dinners, supplemented with a jar of baby food. This year, DD2 and DD11 will be with us, so it will be 2A, 2C for each meal. We will be there 11 days. I will be getting 4 Adult breakfast vouchers, since we have PS for CRT and PSB. I will also get 1 Adult and 1 Child lunch voucher for early dinner at RFC. I have a gift cert for 50% off Baskervilles, and a 25. off Club Car. I am hoping to go to one or two offsite locations, like Sonic, Sweet Tomatoes, or Steak N'Shake. DH doesn't want to plan every meal now, so I have a list of places I would like to go (preferably for dinner, if not, then lunch): Pepper Market, B&C, Lotus Blossom, Yakitori House, Trails End, Cosmic Rays, POFQ, Earl of Sandwich, etc. I'm thinking we would need 16 Q&C to use 2 at each lunch/dinner for DH and I. DDs would share with us, and I would also buy a supplemental side or entree for DD11. I have seen the menus, but am having difficulty determining (as it has been almost a year since we were there) if I am better off using an additional voucher for each meal for DDs to share, instead of just getting one extra side/entree. We are all decent eaters, but we will have refillable mugs and will easily be able to share drinks/deserts at the counter service locations. Should I buy extra Q&C or just go with the flow?

My advise would be to "go with the flow", as you put it. The extra Q&C for DD11 will only be valuable if you really foresee the need for a 3rd drink and dessert with those meals. Otherwise, 3 entrées, 2 sides, 2 desserts and 2 large (and I do mean LARGE) drinks should be plenty for the 4 of you, I would use 2 Q&Cs per meal and just order the extra entrée.

I am planning on sharing w/ these vouchers otherwise it is too much $$ for each person. I have two sets of twins so I bought a child Q&C for each set to split. Me and my DH will split an adult one. The VKL vouchers I did the same way for RFC! I have read that it is a lot of food even to split.

I am also going to do the AK lunch voucher when we are at AK. The ones that you buy at the counter.

The other times we are eating at FW at our trailer. So, I am hoping that between the 6 character breakfast vouchers, the breakfast voucher from our FITS tickets, 10 Q&C, 3 VKL, AK vouchers and eating at the resort; we will cover all our eating.

We shared two Q&Cs most times between myself, DH, DD18, DS16, DS10 and DS5. Both of the smaller boys are picky eaters. We supplemented a bit with fruit cups and carrots. A couple of times we ordered an extra side.

There were times that we would have eaten more if it were available, but we were always pretty satisfied. We even left part of the dessert more than once.

The kids persuaded us to use a third voucher twice at the Pepper Market because they wanted different entrees and we carried out a bunch of leftovers.

Sheila

I'd also "go with the flow"...and even see if you really have to buy an extra entree for DD11 at some of the places...

For instance...at Pecos Bill's (and any other place offering a "double" hamburger or cheese burger) just use the 2 vouchers and buy an extra bun for less than a dollar if you are eating hamburger/cheeseburgers anyway.

Also at Cosmic Ray's, dividing the chicken/potatoes might be more than enough if you order chicken dinners with 2 vouchers. (I KNOW if you are ordering cold sandwiches there you'll probably have leftovers if you are using 2 vouchers for your family lol!)

Think this way...use 2 vouchers...eat everything...if DD11 doesn't get more than enough...a Mickey bar is only $2.50 later...and you won't have thrown all the leftover food away at the restaurant...AND she'd probably love a Mickey bar AND it is vacation! You'll see...I'd love to hear from others who worried about not having enough food with the vouchers, bought extra food...and ended up with too much!...or if they thought the vouchers didn't provide enough (horrors!)

And don't forget, if you end up with extra Q&C vouchers at the end of your trip, you can always post that fact here, and I guarantee that within minutes, you'll have plenty of PM's offering to take them off your hands :teeth: !

KC:earsgirl:

I went with the flow too - but I wanted to add that I always got a large coke with NO ICE... then when we'd go back to the table to doctor with condiments, I went to the line and asked for a glass of ice - then I poured away!! The first time I didnt do this and dd was always afraid there'd be no pop for her, and she'd drink too much and eat hardly anything!!

I ended up going to a few other places w/o vouchers, I didnt want the vouchers to rule our plans, I wanted to be flexible - like the other poster said I could post the ones I have left over here - but for now I'm holding on wondering if we're going to go back!! (or my sil is thinking of going, so they'll make a good stocking stuffer!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter