Please help - need grill recipes!

TinkTink

Wow, I can pick my title!
I'm so bored with the usual burgers and dogs on the grill. I'm looking for any EASY recipes to try. My family thanks all who reply...

Links to web sites with good addresses would also be appreciated.

My family loves shishkabobs....either chicken or beef. We usually marinate the meat first, chicken in Italian dressing, beef in Adolfs Marinade in Minutes. We use whole mushrooms, cherry tomatos and green peppers, put all on skewers and throw on the grill. They are good...fast and FUN! Let everyone build their own! You can also use zucchini, summer squash...the only limits are your imagination!

Enjoy!
Jules

We just did this last night, & it was so good. We took some of those little tiny red potatoes, some chopped up onions, red peppers, yellow squash & a little olive oil and garlic powder, wrapped them up in tin foil, & grilled them for a while. It was so yummy! You could use any combination of veggies. They all taste so good grilled.

Jill

I grill a lot! Even if its snowing outside. I have a gas Weber that I love. One of my favorites on the grill is London Broil. I marinate it overnight, oil, soy sauce, garlic, whitewine, onion, then sear it on both sides for 4-5 minutes, on the gas weber, turn your burners to MOM , medium, off, medium, cook for 15 more minutes, comes out perfect!!

I also do Kohlbassi on the grill, fish, wings, ribs, steaks, chicken. I just got a rotissiere also.

I luv doing veggies on the grill, last night I cut up Portabellos, zucchini, onions, peppers, and sliced potatoes in Italian dressing, They loved it!

Sweet Potato Fries

3 peeled sweet potatoes, peeled
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. cajun seasoning

Preheat the oven to 375F. Cut potatoes in half, cut each half into 5 strips. Toss with olive oil and cajun seasoning. Place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes.

Herbed Buffalo Burgers

1 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1-1/2 lbs. ground buffalo
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 teas. dried thyme leaves, crumbled
2 Tbs. chopped parsley
1 large egg
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce

For sandwich:
cheese slices
hamburger buns
lettuce
sliced tomato
mayonnaise

Heat olive oil in medium skillet. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.

Combine buffalo, onion mixture, and remaining ingredients. Form into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Place on tray lined with plastic wrap, cover with more plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook. (Patties may be prepared 1 day ahead)

Preheat grill until hot. Place patties on the grill rack over coals and cook, covered, about 4 minutes. Flip. Top with sliced cheese, cover and cook 3 - 4 minutes more until done. Place patties on bun bottoms; top with lettuce, tomato, and mayo; add bun tops.

I think we need to do a cook out. There are some yummy recipes here. :thumbsup2

We grill a lot too. My newest favorite dish, wrap up chicken breast with whatever vegetables julianned in tin foil. Add a mixture of blue cheese mustard from Stonewall Kitchen and sour cream.

Easy to cook, yummy to eat, easy to clean up. Doesn't get better than that.:)

Our favorite :thumbsup2 steak marinade is the Flank Steak from Boma. ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=8 ) I just noticed it's missing what little instruction the chefs sent: "Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add flank steak and marinate for 24 hours." [NOTES: This is a thick marinade - almost paste-like. The amounts given are enough to do a 1.5 lb steak. In a pinch, I've marinated for 8 hours & it's still really good - just so much better if you leave it for the full 24 hrs. ;)

We do potatoes in foil also. I spay the foil with EVOO and then put in sliced of onion, red bell pepper & potatoes with the skin still on. I usually only add half the potatoes, sprinkle with spices & then add the rest of the potatoes. I do spray the top potatoes to keep them from sticking. Spices - any or all of these: lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder/salt, chili powder, curry powder, coriander...

We also have found we really like corn on the cob grilled. We've tried a variety of ways, but prefer to just husk it & put it on the grill. DH does it so I'm not sure how long on each side - but I think it's 2 or 3 minutes...not long enough to turn black, but will have some color. :confused3 I don't bother with butter when it's grilled - just sprinkle with lime juice. Yum! :teeth:

Other than that we like pork roll (like Taylor's), kielbasa and lots & lots of chicken! LOL A couple favorites for chicken:

[NOTE: Instructions for all marinades...Put everything in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag before freezing. Then it will marinate the chicken as it defrosts overnight in the frig.]

Triple Citrus Chicken Breasts
Serves 6

6 skinless, boneless breasts
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp grated orange zest
1 clove garlic, peeled & minced
1 Tbl chives, chopped
1 tsp salt (opt)
¼ tsp black pepper or lemon pepper
3 Tbl fresh lime juice
2 Tbl fresh lemon juice
1 Tbl honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbl olive oil

Grilled Sesame Chicken

6 chicken breasts
2 Tbl sesame seeds
1 Tbl sugar (I skip)
½ c soy sauce, low sodium
1 tsp ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ c olive oil
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
¼ c chopped white onion (opt)

Teriyaki Chicken

1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1/3 c Soy Sauce
2 Tbl Rice Wine (Or Sherry)
1½ Tbl Cider Vinegar
1½ Tbl Brown Sugar
1½ Tbl Minced Ginger or 1½ tsp dry ground ginger
1½ lb Chicken Pieces

Garlic Lime Chicken

4 chicken breast
½ c low sodium soy sauce
¼ c fresh lime juice
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp dry mustard
½ tsp coarsely ground pepper

And my personal favorite...

Spicy Orange Shrimp

1 lb shrimp
½ c lime juice
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
2½ Tbl balsamic vinegar
1 Tbl black pepper
1/3 c orange marmalade
¼ c oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbl cilantro
1 tsp orange peel
¼ tsp red pepper flakes

Marinate shrimp for 6 to 24 hrs. This works with either raw or cooked shrimp. I have a fish basket I use to grill the shrimp, but you could skewer them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter