Please help. Need a hotel near Anaheim hospital

drinkme

DIS Veteran
My daughter & her family were at DL yesterday when she started having complications with her pregnancy. She is in the hospital in Anaheim. They were supposed to leave today to go Santa Monica but she has to stay in the hospital until Sunday. Their flight home from LAX is Monday night. Can someone please recommend a hotel that my SIL & the kids can stay in that's very close to the hospital? They have 3 young kids so a pool would probably be a good idea. They probably won't head back to the parks so my SIL will have to find something for the kids to do & they would probably like hanging out at the pool. They know no one in Southern California and home is far away.

I am also going to try to research this myself for them, but I know how helpful DIS people are.

The mods can just delete this post. It's alot more serious than we thought. My husband and I are flying out to LA now to be with my daughter and bring her kids back home with us.

Sorry to hear about this. Depending on which hospital she is in, I can give you hotel recommendations. Rest assured that your daughter is in a good place for medical care. There are tons of excellent OBs and hospitals here.

Do you know the name of the hospital closest to DL? When I talked to my daughter last she said it was about 1 mile away from DL. I also know this hospital doesn't have a NICU because she said they may have to transport her to a different hospital that has a NICU. I want to get the directions from LAX.

Thanks.

She's probably at West Anaheim and going to be transfered to Anaheim Regional.

I know this probably doesn't alleviate your concern, but CHOC is right near her too and if anything goes wrong she has one of the top 10 Children's hospitals in the country right by her. So, maybe finds some hope in that.

Anaheim Regional is actually only 10 minutes from Disneyland and has an amazing NICU. I would just decide your budget and choose an "Anaheim Resort/Disneyland Resort" hotel in your budget. A taxi back and forth won't be very expensive - I would guess about $15 each way.
Blessings and good thoughts to you

I hope everything will be okay with your daughter. I can't offer any advice because I don't know the area, but my thoughts are with you!

Thanks for all the prayers!

I thought I would update. The doctors ended up not having to deliver the baby early. We got her home and she is on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

Thanks for all your help and prayers!

Wonderful news! Thank you for updating! Please let your daughter and her family know that there are good thoughts and pixie dust being sent in their direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter