• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help me sort out fact from fiction on trip advisor

Trip Advisor member & contributor for several years. I do read several of the best & worst reviews (always checking to make sure the reviews are one year old or newer) If all the bad reviews are based on unreasonable expectations ("I asked for a free upgrade and didn't get it"..."I expect the maid to clean my room exactly when requested between 9:30 & 10:00 AM"..."we arrived at 2 AM and our luggage didn't show up until 6:00 AM. Our request for connecting king bed-waterview-first floor-next to food court-across from main pool rooms was ignored") Those I know are unwarranted mark-downs. However, if many of the bad reviews are talking about busted furniture, dirty rooms, sagging beds, leaky bathroom fixtures, etc. Well, that's a good clue, too. Similarly, if all the really good reviews include mentions of unique special things (we got a free upgrade...concierge gave us free tickets to such & such...surprise balloons & flower bouqet in our room for our honeymoon, etc.) Well, those aren't going to be the usual occurrence for most bookings. However, if many of the good recent reviews talk about comfortable bedding, lovely fixtures, bright decor...well you can see it may mean recent refurb or newer hotel.

A friend of mine stayed at the Pop when they had a cheerleaders conf. and the noise was awful. The walls were thin and you could hear toilets flushing etc. I have never stayed there.

I said haggling with tripadvisor over "bunk" reviews is a symptom of the problem. Any responsible manager should answer the complaints.

The PP said the manager has been trying to get Tripadvisor to take down posts.

You can have your opinion, but you can't have your own facts.

If by "you", you mean "me", I don't think I came up with any of my own facts.

You are kind of new here, its a friendly board and many of your posts are not. There's no need to bold type to get your points across.

Also, TA reviews are heavily influenced by how much someone pays for the room. It is not uncommon outside of Disney for one person staying at a resort to pay $299 and then the next person got a deal for $99. Most people would probably have different expectations at $299 than $99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter