Please help me pick a Mod or Asmo

Lisadaa2

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. This will be our 3rd trip. We have stayed at Akl and WL but would like to save a few bucks this trip. It will be me, DH, DS9, and DD5 traveling Nov 11-17. We have a room saved at Por with a 30% pin I received but wanted to check with you all to see if this was the best fit for our family.
We don't spend a lot of time at the resort but try to do a down day and get in a few swims. We will do a few CS at the resort but TS at the parks or deluxes.
Asmovies is $390 less than the Mods. What will I be missing if we stay at Asm? Are the Mods worth the extra cost? I have to say sleeping on doubles doesn't sound that appealing.

So where would be best for us? Any suggestions would be great :)

I personally would spend the money. I think the mods are a great deal. cs is my fav mod. the kids will love the pool. I dont like that the pools at value didnt stay open late ( i.e quiet pool ).

anything over one or two nights, i would pick the mod.

I was a Deluxe only girl until I tried out the French Quarter. I've stayed there with my ex-husband, with my best girlfriend, and with my Mom, aunt and grandmother. Three very different groups, but we all enjoyed the resort. The pool isn't as fancy as some of the other mods, but the resort is small and easy to navigate. The rooms are nice sizes and the bus service is better than at some deluxe resorts.

Take advantage of the 30% off pin and stay at a moderate. All of the mods have queen-sized beds now except for CBR I think. You will have a slightly larger room, a water slide at the pool, double sinks (except for at CSR), and the mods are just prettier imo. I would not even think twice about spending an extra $400 to stay at a mod over a value, and I have a hard time spending $ without feeling guilty.

I too love the moderate's. The only one I have not tried is POFQ, and I want to badly! I hear great things about it, and it was recently remodeled. We will be at the World on Friday, and we are staying at CSR because that is what was available. Also a nice resort, fun pool, just a much bigger property.

PoR has a great pool, beautiful grounds, and just a very laid back and calm atmosphere. Except when Yeha Bob is playing. I think PoR is the best of the moderates, but while I haven't stayed at FQ, I have spent a lot of time there due to the proximity to Riverside. I think FQ would be great, too!

My family is too large to stay in a value (outside of a suite) so I am basically forced to stay in a moderate. I really enjoy PoR, but if I could save $800-$1000 I would love to go back to a value. We are park commandos and don't spend a lot of time at the resort so the extra money would be nice.

I'll offer a different opinion--I would save the money and stay at a value if you do not plan to spend much time in the room. The ages your kids are they would probably prefer the bright colors, etc of a value resort. The values offer great poolside activities that your kids would enjoy.

Thank you all for your replies! I went on Our laughing place and checked the driving times and it seems Por is very remote. Is it that much further away from the parks than all the other mods and values?

No, you will not notice the difference in location, you will be further from some parks but closer to others. I would not worry about that.

I think you are making a good choice with a mod instead of a value. Going from WL and AKL to a value, with double beds, is a pretty big leap. POR is a great mod, you will love it. Try to get the end of the resort closest to POFQ and you can go to either food court/pool.

We have stayed everything from value to deluxe and we found that moderates are a good common ground. We love CSR. It just has a real deluxe feel for a moderate price. They have some really nice food options including a CS buffet we found really good.

We have stayed at CSR and CBR. We loved both! A corner room at CBR gives you quite a bit more room. We loved the pools at both! The food court at CSR is a little more "upscale" than at CBR. Both resorts are huge but both have very good bus transportation. We looked at POR and POFQ, but they really don't suit our taste.

Ok so I was crunching numbers and CSR is definitely out because they are all booked for our dates :confused3. Already? Anyway I think if I am going to pay for a moderate I want queen size beds so Cbr is out. So that leaves Por, pofq, and movies. I like so much about what I have read about Por. Not to compare it to WL but it seems rustic like that. And I like the rooms, the grounds, and think I would like Ye ha Bob. What I don't like is that it seems far from everything.
What I like about Movies is that I think my kids would get a kick out of the large icons there and it seems more centrally located.
I wish I wasn't so indecisive!! I think I am going crazy :rotfl:

Hi everyone. This will be our 3rd trip. We have stayed at Akl and WL but would like to save a few bucks this trip. It will be me, DH, DS9, and DD5 traveling Nov 11-17. We have a room saved at Por with a 30% pin I received but wanted to check with you all to see if this was the best fit for our family.
We don't spend a lot of time at the resort but try to do a down day and get in a few swims. We will do a few CS at the resort but TS at the parks or deluxes.
Asmovies is $390 less than the Mods. What will I be missing if we stay at Asm? Are the Mods worth the extra cost? I have to say sleeping on doubles doesn't sound that appealing.

So where would be best for us? Any suggestions would be great :)

60 trips ago we stayed in deluxe and then we went to all the mods and POR is a favorite there then friends went and ask us to stay over by them in a value all star sports so after that we tried Movies and Music and then decided to try POP and we really like it over there they have three pools and they open all night but no life guards after 10 PM we get two rooms connecting and it works for us. they have movie and games for kids and the main pool opening in the mornings is fun to watch. we decided were just not making use of the rooms as were up and gone all day so value has became our choice and the bus service is best of any Disney resort:thumbsup2 and we have got to going when there is free dining offered which gives us even more $$$ to spend elsewhere

We have only stayed at CSR. If it were not available, we would stay at POR/ Riverside. We did a value once and neither our kids or us liked it,

Ok so I was crunching numbers and CSR is definitely out because they are all booked for our dates :confused3. Already? Anyway I think if I am going to pay for a moderate I want queen size beds so Cbr is out. So that leaves Por, pofq, and movies. I like so much about what I have read about Por. Not to compare it to WL but it seems rustic like that. And I like the rooms, the grounds, and think I would like Ye ha Bob. What I don't like is that it seems far from everything.
What I like about Movies is that I think my kids would get a kick out of the large icons there and it seems more centrally located.
I wish I wasn't so indecisive!! I think I am going crazy :rotfl:

Having stayed at all of the ones you are mentioning, I really doubt you are going to notice a big difference in the location of POR vs. any of the values, or AKL. WL was as you know, closer to one park but that's it.
I never once on my stay at POR felt any further away from the parks than AKL or the values.
Like you, I found the landscaping and the theme beautiful and relaxing.
My youngest likes all the big icons at the values, but everything about them feels much busier to me, and not quite as relaxing.

Having stayed at all of the ones you are mentioning, I really doubt you are going to notice a big difference in the location of POR vs. any of the values, or AKL. WL was as you know, closer to one park but that's it.
I never once on my stay at POR felt any further away from the parks than AKL or the values.
Like you, I found the landscaping and the theme beautiful and relaxing.
My youngest likes all the big icons at the values, but everything about them feels much busier to me, and not quite as relaxing.

Thanks for your reply. I have to say that after the go go go at the parks I do like to relax so maybe Por would be better for that. I really think my son would like the pool slide there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter