Please help me make a gift for my siser - recipe organiser

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Daysleeper40, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Daysleeper40

Daysleeper40 Mouseketeer

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me with an idea I have had for my sisters christmas present. She enjoys cookery in general bu is particularly good at baking. I would like to buy or make her some kind of recipe organiser as a gift but I really don't do much in the way of baking myself so not sure where to start. Does anyone have any recommendations or bright ideas about what she would find useful?

I have looked on the internet and the best options seem to be some kind of file or maybe a nice box to keep recipe cards in - am I thinking along the right lines?

I'm in the UK by the way so shops available will be different but I am fine to order online - but I quite like the idea of making her something more personal.

2. greeneeyes

greeneeyes Mouseketeer

If she already has a lot of cards a nice box may be the way to go. Are there any local craft stores? You can get a plain wooden box and paint it a solid color and get rub on decals that are "kitcheny" or recipe related, just rub these on and then seal over with a clear coat.

If you would like to do a book you can find recipe organizers online or in kitchen stores. You can also make one using a photo album, dividers and 4x6 inch photo pocket sheets or if she prints out/cuts recipes out of magazines then a photo sheet without pockets would be easier.

Here are some ideas for a recipe box...
    http://www.michaels.com/on/demandwa...?cgid=entire&simplesearch=Search&q=recipe+box

3. littlesparkler

littlesparkler Mouseketeer

My favorite is a photo album, as described above. I will sometimes take a picture of a recipe I made and slip it in next to the recipe. I've given books like this as gifts and I start it off with copies of my faves.