Please help me know what park tickets are best to buy.

deltajo

Peter Pan-Neverland-Fan
For a long time I've been impressed with the WDW vacation expertise on this site. Been reading for a long time and know I'll get good advice. Here's the picture: 2 adults, 3 kids visiting me in June. They are not FL residents. I am. I have an AP. In your opinion, what approach should I apply when getting them park tkts? (Kids ages are 6, 11, 17.) We'll be renting a house in Kissimmee for 9 days, and I'm tempted to extend the visit by moving over to a value resort using the Disney Visa package. Anyway, please suggest how I should go about saving money on the entry tkts. Thx in advance.

I bought my tickets on line through E-bay. I found a coupon for 4.99 and bought it. The coupon came by e-mail and when I got my tickets two adult (7 day magic your way with park hopper) for 498.00 compared to 610.00 if I had bought on property or outlet mall. So I saved 112.00. That is one way to save money on tickets. Also the tickets I just bought are good up until 12/31/2010.

I think the passes depend on what you plan on doing for the trip. In the past we opted not go to the waterparks since neither of us is a big fan of them and we always got the hopper for the entire length of stay. We hardly ever park hopped and we now like to spend more time at the resort. This upcoming trip, we are just getting a straight park passes with no hopper (and no waterpark). It was about $100 less for the two tickets. Next year we plan to join DVC, so we will re-evaluate the tickets we get for those future trips (like no expiration, etc).

Also, shop around before you buy the tickets, AAA and some web sites like undercover tourist offer discounts on the park passes.

Two really thought out and very useful suggestions so far. Thanks so much for helping me think this thing through. You know how it is: going in we all know WDW has expenses that certainly are usually worth one's vacation budget....still....there's no sense in spending too much or overspending in the wrong places. I'm a firm believer in researching and trying my best to get the best bang for my hard earned buck!

I bought my tickets on line through E-bay. I found a coupon for 4.99 and bought it. The coupon came by e-mail and when I got my tickets two adult (7 day magic your way with park hopper) for 498.00 compared to 610.00 if I had bought on property or outlet mall. So I saved 112.00. That is one way to save money on tickets. Also the tickets I just bought are good up until 12/31/2010.

Those are not regular MYW tickets, so your comparison is not really a fair one. Regular tickets do not expire if they are not used. Tickets that expire at the end of the year are usually special tickets -- from a particular youth or sporting event or cast member complimentary tickets (which aren't permitted to be sold either). Many tickets like these also cannot be upgraded in anyway. Lastly, you have no idea if you are getting legitimate ticket when you are purchasing on ebay. You could get to the parks and find out that there are no days left on them or that you can't use them because someone already used them once and the biometrics are tied to that person.

I would never recommend purchasing tickets on ebay, or from anyone who is not a Disney authorized ticket seller. Normally the best deal on tickets from an authorized seller is by buying from Undercover Tourist, using the special extra discount that Mousesavers sends out in their monthly e-mail newsletter.

I agree -- don't buy what you don't need. Try to plan your trip without hopping ($50/ticket) or the waterparks (another $50/ticket) and don't buy non-expiring (up to $115/ticket, depending on length of your ticket).

Since you are with them are you not able to purchase them as a florida resident?

Barring that, check out the thread farther down- Disney YES program open to non groups.If the dates/ages match your group you can get a great deal on hoppers.

We just can't do Disney without park hopping - I don't see how others do it! We never add waterpark+more, though.

In all my research I have not found one 'deal' that has been able to beat the price on tickets through Undercover tourist using the mousesavers newsletter discount. I have had several people try to stump me on those ticket prices. It always ends up that the deal they find does not include taxes or shipping or both. Undercover tourist prices always include both tax and shipping while other only show that in the check out cart.

In my past 3 trips I have not purchased park hoppers in advance knowing that is may be added on (to a regular ticket) at anytime. On my adults only trip in Feb. I even brought and envelope with the exact amount that adding the hopper would cost so I knew I had to the money to do it. Guess what - the need to hop has not arisen. Now, I do plan what park we'll be going to each day but I also leave some wiggle room in case we want to change gears. It has never been to head to another park. :confused3

As a Florida resident, you can buy tickets for the minors without them showing ID (any one under 18), but the two adults must show ID when getting their tickets. Since minors outweigh the adults, I don't think you can be the kids play free deal, as long as it includes all 3 kids, not just the 6 year old. If it was just savings on the 6yr old's ticket, I don't think the cost in getting a room onsite would be less than the savings of the ticket.

I wish Disney did discounts on passholders buying tickets for others, like sea world does 8$ off tickets for some one else.

In just a few hours, I have all kinds of help from really kind and intelligent people. This website is so fabulous. And, I bet the tips just keep rolling in. Thanks to everyone so far who have offered their great ideas. We all know two heads (or more) are better than one! Happy me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter