Please help me.......I am about to cry

pisces0318

Earning My Ears
I have never had a bad experience with Disney but they are pushing me to the edge. I have been trying to make dining reservations online for 2 hours and 20 minutes and have been transferred all over the place- once I held for 59 minutes only to have the online store answer. I was advised that my issue is a dining issue and I need to speak with a supervisor in the WDW DINE number and my current rep has asked me not to get frustrated! FRUSTRATED? Are you kidding me. I have not yelled or cursed but she wants me not to get frustrated. Grrrrrr.

Anyway I am staying on property and trying to make online reservations using the dining tool that is about to go down for updates at 5pm. However since my Coronado Springs reservation is not linked to my sign on it will only let me book for 5/29 and not the remaining 6 days of my trip. They suggested creating a new account but nowhere does it ask for me hotel confirmation number.

What do I do?????

PS- after telling me not to get frustrated she put me on hold for 18 minutes and counting. That is not frustrating at all.......

I'm pretty sure the whole online booking for 180 + 10 is NOT working. At least it didn't work for me when I booked our May 2011 ADR's. I tried at 6 AM as the CM suggested when I booked my trip. I could only book meals on our check-in day (exactly 180 days out). So, at 7 AM I called the regular WDW dine line and booked everything no problem. I was on hold for 30 minutes, but I got everrything I wanted at the times I wanted them. The CM told me the 180+ 10 is deactivated on the website and only meals 180 days and under can be booked online.

I doubt I would ever try to use the online booking tool for dining again. Not very user friendly. Although, all my ADR's do show up now when I look at "My Reservations" including all the ones the CM on the phone booked for me. It is nice to be able to print them.

Make them by phone. Then you should not have problems. Are you on hold trying to get through to make them by phone, or are you spending time on hold trying to find out why the online system isn't working? It hasn't worked correctly for awhile. Make sure you have your resort reservation number to give to the phone agent. Just talk to WDW-DINE and have them make your reservations.

attempt for first aid:
* try calling the dining line again, if they say wait time is more than 15 minutes, hang up or even better, leave that line open and use another phone to do the following
* call another US ( not UK !!!) disney number, eg the general one for hotel reservations, and ask them to locate your reservation (by your hotel, dates and your name) and ask them for your hotel reservation number (somehow when i called wdw dining, they couldn't find my reservation first either, so they had to trace me first and then finally found me a hotel reservation nr i could use)
* after finishing this call, hope your wdw dining turn in the waiting line has finally approached
* make your reservations

Keep hope, look at it this way, once you got the info you need and today doesn't work, tomorrow you'll be the first on line, get a shorter wait time and score your ADR.... because for today, you basically only lose the advantage of the 180+10 for one day (for the 180+9 days, people arriving one day earlier than you could already have been calling in) and you can still make it all the other days

Well apparently the 10+ no longer works on line. I wish they would have told me that from the begining. Instead I kept getting the run around, bounced around and a lot of "I don't know why that is happening." I finally got a really nice girl who told me that she would help me plan out my trip. So I got everything I wanted. :)

I have 180 days to get over this but since I got a table at LC I'm pretty happy right now!!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter