Please help me drop one of our signature restaurants

I would drop flying fish. The food is good enough but we did not have a signature dining experience there. we've been to the others (except boathouse) multiple times and have very much enjoyed them.

I've been to Flying Fish many, many times and think it is one of the best seafood places in WDW and could hold its own any place. I judge restaurants by the food primarily, everything else is secondary. I am not sure what "not a signature dining experience" means since I've never had bad food or service there.

Looks like you have a great list! I haven't visited California Grill since the refurb but I have seen a lot of disappointed reports. Agree if view is the primary motivator, Top of the World is a great option. it would require a cab ride and don't want to throw a wrench in your plans when they're pretty well set, but Capa at the Four Seasons is absolutely outstanding.

I've been to Flying Fish many, many times and think it is one of the best seafood places in WDW and could hold its own any place. I judge restaurants by the food primarily, everything else is secondary. I am not sure what "not a signature dining experience" means since I've never had bad food or service there.

I can appreciate your opinion and might give the place another try one day if we happen to stay at boardwalk again. However, all I can base my opinion on is my experience, which as I pointed out is limited to the one time. (May 2015)

The service we received was slow and sub par. We had to repeatedly ask for drink refills and some things were simply not brought despite having requested them 2-3 times. The waitress was clearly rushed....I don't know if they were short staffed, if she was new or what the deal was. We were asked to grab our forks from our plates for the next course which isn't something I expect. We have experienced all the other signatures multiple times and not had an experience like that. The food was fine, I would say a step down from what we have had at other wdw signatures but it wasn't bad.

While I will agree that the food is the most important element, service matters to me too. On our visit the food was just okay and in no way compensated for the level of service we received. overall just not an enjoyable experience. I'm absolutely willing to consider we visited on an off night and it happens. I'm not in a rush to return though, especially when we've had excellent meals elsewhere.

I'm sure there are people with good and bad experiences at every signature restaurant. All I can do is speak from my experience; I'm glad you've had many wonderful meals at flying fish.

...and I would agree with you :). It's just that Sandy and I are SHELLFISH people.... and Flying Fish does not specialize in this area. FF has GREAT FISH, with scales. Fulton's tends to focus on SHELL FISH. All should simply examine the published menus :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter