• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help me decide on which resort!!

crazy4mickey

Earning My Ears
I am going at the end of June for a short 4 night stop in Disney. I currently have reservations at The Contemporary for 870.00 (room only). In doing some research and checking availability, I could save a few bucks and stay at Riverside for $642.00 or Swan for $746.00.
Please give me some input. I have not stayed at Swan or Riverside and would like to know if it would be worth saving a buck.
Any help would be appreciated.

Well, I have to be honest and say that I've never stayed at a monorail resort (though I'd love to!) but I have stayed at a deluxe (AKL) and at Riverside. Riverside is really nice IMO and we liked having the food court and being central in The World. We loved AKL, BUT we were NEVER in our room. So I guess it really depends on how much you'll be at MK (convenient to CR) and how much time you'll spend at your resort.
That said, I think that's a good rate for the Contemporary since we paid $200 / night at AKL for savannah view in the value season with Disney Club.
You can't lose!

Riverside is nice ( it is still Dixie Landings to me ) I like it and have stayed there with my kids and then without . I tried a new mod and hated it (CSR) . I am staying at the WL this trip but I would have stayed at Riverside if not for the FTP . Enjoy your stay!

Wishing you many DISNEY days

You did not say if you will have a car or not, if not for the $60 a night or so more I would stay at the CR. I did not care for the Swan (or Dolphin) so I would rule that one out.

I guess it comes down to which parks you do, how much time you are willing to do on a bus. If it were me, I would do Riverside. I don't care for the cont. Riverside is really nice. It was our first resort. My fav is WL, can you get that one? It's best of all worlds, close to the park, great themeing and a delux.

I vote for the Swan...
It was recently renovated...new heavenly beds...and you can't beat the location...especially if your an EPCOT or MGM fan...
plus being right on the boardwalk is soooo nice!!!

I'll be honest and say I was not impressed with POR...I would prefer to stay at the CBR....but thats just me...the place is pretty and the food was good...but theres something about the CB that is more appealing to me....thats all...

I think your selection should be based on which you will really enjoy the most--based on which parks you want to be closest to and the theming that appeals to you.

If you want the convenience of the monorail and going right to Magic Kingdom, go with the contemporary--if that them appeals to you. (It isn't really "contemporary" anymore) but still nice. Personally, I can't look at the patterns in the room without feeling sort of strange, but some people like the look. The monorail is great.

If you want scenic walkways, a boat to Downtown Disney, a food court, and central location, go with Dixie Landings aka Riverside.

If you love Epcot and/or MGM, take the Swan, since there is a boat launch there to these parks. Also very modern in design (although not a Disney resort)

I'd go with the POR or Swan over the CR. We just got back from a stay at the CR while it was very nice it was just too high energy for me, I the feeling of going back to a more relaxed atmosphere after a busy day. The rooms are really funky and way too loud but my sister loved it.

The Swan is in a great location with being able to walk to Epcot and MGM, plus the Boardwalks right there too. We've never stayed there but friends did, who are very picky(hotel snobs-lol) and they really liked it.

The POR was very nice, the grounds were beautiful. We were there during Thanksgiving and the resort was booked but it never felt that way, it was always so peaceful. They have a great food court, good sit down restaurant and even entertainment in the lounge at night.

I vote for the Swan. The price you have for POR is not very good ($160/night??) I, personally love the Epcot area. The proximity to everything can't be beat.

If it's just you, probably the Swan. Nice hotel, rooms just redone, save a few bucks over CR, walk/boat to MGM and Epcot and the Boardwalk.

If you were bringing small children, the walk to MK is the big selling point for CR. CR is also nice for being able to hop on the monorail or take a boat to GF, Poly, WL and FW, but I'm guessing you wouldn't take advantage of that as much in a relatively short stay.

Although we've often chosen the mods (POFQ, CSR, CBR) for price reasons, for a short visit I'd pick Swan or CR because (1) the price difference isn't as significant, and (2) you'll really take advantage of the quick access to the parks without a bus ride.

I vote Contemporary!! The Poly and the CR are my favorite resorts. There is nothing like staying in the tower at the CR and opening your door in the morning and seeing the monorail running through and smelling the breakfast waiting for you below. Nothing like it in the World!!

I loved CBR, thought the colors that make up the resort were very nice...didn't really have any problem with getting the buses and never had to wait long. i also enjoyed riverside it is still dixie landing to me too... liked the quiet pools and also no problems with the buses . Contemporary I have been in and I do like the idea of the monorail. Well good luck picking, I'm sure anyone you pick you will like. Terri:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter