Please help me decide if we can share at these 1TS restaurants

BillyBuckner

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip we would like to stretch our dining plan credits (by sharing) to squeeze in one extra meal (if possible/practical).

Our party is: Me, DW, DD8, DS6, DSinfant-11mo

Eating Habits: I eat a lot, DW and DD8 are about average eaters, DS6 is a very light eater, DSinfant just started eating a little table food along with his baby food.

We are trying to squeeze these 6 restaurants into 5 sets of credits (10 Adult TS, 10 Child TS)

LeCellier lunch
Coral Reef lunch
50s PTC lunch
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
Chefs de France dinner
Kouzzina dinner

Any advice on whether sharing is possible and if so where?

My assumption is that Chefs de France is smallest portions (hardest to share), and that if I end up needing to pay for 1 person OOP somewhere the best for OOP is 50s PTC followed by Kouzzina.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

For our upcoming trip we would like to stretch our dining plan credits (by sharing) to squeeze in one extra meal (if possible/practical).

Our party is: Me, DW, DD8, DS6, DSinfant-11mo

Eating Habits: I eat a lot, DW and DD8 are about average eaters, DS6 is a very light eater, DSinfant just started eating a little table food along with his baby food.

We are trying to squeeze these 6 restaurants into 5 sets of credits (10 Adult TS, 10 Child TS)

LeCellier lunch
Coral Reef lunch
50s PTC lunch
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
Chefs de France dinner
Kouzzina dinner

Any advice on whether sharing is possible and if so where?

My assumption is that Chefs de France is smallest portions (hardest to share), and that if I end up needing to pay for 1 person OOP somewhere the best for OOP is 50s PTC followed by Kouzzina.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

What I would do is split a large entree and add an appetizer or soup. But I'm not sure if you can split meals on the DP.

What I would do is split a large entree and add an appetizer or soup. But I'm not sure if you can split meals on the DP.

Thanks. When we were at LeCellier on dining plan in 2009 they allowed sharing (among people on the same DDP pool). But that was Dinner 2+ years ago.

It would be good to know which of these TS permit sharing when on DDP.

We haven't been to Kouzzina, but the other restaurants on your list allow you to share. The only exception is at Whispering Canyon, if you order the skillet, that cannot be shared - each person will be charged because it's an "all you care to eat" skillet. Other entrees at Whispering Canyon can be shared.

The portions at Chefs were large enough for us to share. At any restaurant you can order an appetizer OOP to supplement if it's not enough food. You can look at the Disney Food Pictures thread to get an idea of what some of the entrees look like at the various restaurants.

I don't know about sharing on the DP but at LC the Mac and cheese side dish is almost entree sized (or it was a year and a half ago).it is delicious and not very $$. You could order that oop and either use it to stretch a shared meal or as one of your entered. Also at WCC the all you can drink milkshakes are on the dining plan. Those really fill you up, and will stretch your meal farther.

You are allowed to share because you are all on the DDP. We find the portions quite large at WDW restaurants. Prime Time for example for the Fried Chicken dinner is 4 large pieces. It was more than enough for 2. We could easily share a steak at Le Cellier or a meal at Coral Reef too :thumbsup2 Now we always do the DxDDP plan so that probably affects our perception too ;) We are always stuffed and have trouble using up all of our credits since DD is such a light eater. But don't worry no credit is ever left behind:rotfl:

Portions at the 50's Prime Time Cafe are pretty big. I think that would be the easiest place to split a meal. I might also order an appetizer for the people splitting the meal to share. Alternately, the macaroni and cheese side at Les Chefs de France is pretty big, as I recall. You might be able to make a meal out of that, too. Obviously that's an OOP cost, but it'd be less expensive than a full meal.

On your list portions are biggest at 50s and smallest at Coral Reef (yes, CRs are smaller than Chefs/France).

Kouzzina portions are similar to WCC and Le Cellier.

Thanks for all of the good suggestions.

I'm guessing if we order 2AD/1CH at a couple places and 1AD/2CH at others we will be able to make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter