• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Help Me Choose!

raivensma

Earning My Ears
We have finally booked our vacay w/the dining plan, now I'm trying to make my ADRs. I have already booked Cinderella's Royal Table. I know that we are going to do breakfast at Tusker House. Should we do Chef Mickey's for breakfast or for dinner? That leaves me with a remainder of two table service meals. I am torn between Arkeshus, O'hana, Coral Reef, and the Garden Grill. I am not interested in any romantic settings for myself and DH. This is our first trip and it's all about the kids. DD is 9 and DS is 5. Which would you choose and why? TIA!

I never miss chef mickey's, but it is definitely NOT for the food.. The characters are all excellent here.. I have only been for breakfast so I can't speak about any other meal.. Also, the kids may get sick of the characters and you may also want a meal that is NOT a buffet.. My vote is for Ohana.. If you can book around an hour before Wishes that would be awesome.. You can see the fireworks from there.. plus, the food is really good and they have lots of stuff to do for the kids (they do have breakfast with characters there).
I don't have a daughter so I have never been to Askerous, but I heard that the 1900 Park Fare at the Grande Floridian is really good, the food too.. whatever you choose, it will be memorable.. Your kids will LOVE it!

If your daughter is still into the Princesses, Akershus is awesome. You get a picture with one princess (8x10 - Free) and then 4 other princesses come to your table. The food is also very good. The food was horrible a few years ago and they changed the menu.

Coral Reef is just ok in my opinon. Your going to see the aquarium when you walk through the land.

It is MY belief that you are not getting your money using your TS credits on breakfast food.

We are doing 1900 Park Fare this year. Everyone that I have spoken to said it is awesome.

Good luck!

Ok, I've decided on O'hanas for sure, so just one more. Does anyone have any experience w/the Garden Grill? Also, do you get the pic at Arkeshus if ur on the DDP? Someone else suggested the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. I'm just not so sure about that since my kids don't watch much Sci-Fi however, the atmosphere looks fun.

Ok, I've decided on O'hanas for sure, so just one more. Does anyone have any experience w/the Garden Grill? Also, do you get the pic at Arkeshus if ur on the DDP? Someone else suggested the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. I'm just not so sure about that since my kids don't watch much Sci-Fi however, the atmosphere looks fun.

O'Hana is a good choice. So is Garden Grill.

Consider more Resort Hotel Restaurants. Alot of them have great food & theming.
The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge is fantastic. The place is a great time for kids - they will absolutely LOVE :love: it, and the food is terrific!

50's Prime-Time is better than the Sci-Fi for kids.

Beirgarten in Germany is good for kids also because there is band, singing and dancing. The buffet is very good and it's about the at-mouse-phere and food, not a beer-drinking place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter