Please help me choose for my family of 5

jake&samsmom

Jordan's Mom too!
:flower3: I've learned so much from the Dis since I started planning our family's first trip years ago. I need some sage Disney advice...

We are a family of 5 (2 adults, a 13 y/o son, 10 y/o son, and a 3 y/o princess). We are DVC members staying at a 1 bedroom at Kidani in January 2014 for 5 days. I want to add 2 more days at a non-DVC resort just for the fun of it and to experience something different.

With a bit of research, I've narrowed it down to either:
AoA Nemo Family Suites-love, love love the Disney theming
POR Alligator Bayou-least expensive of all, quiet, rustic
Contemporary-costlier but right by the MK
Poly-monorail access, great atmosphere, great room themeing

Which one would you choose, and most importantly why.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

We just did one night at the Poly before going to our DVC villa (VWL) and were actually a little disappointed. Mostly with housekeeping and maintenance. If I had it to do over I would do the Contemporary or AOA. With kids as young as yours, AoA might be the best choice. It's Disney on steroids! It's very, very heavily themed. Awe inspiring. And the food court is great.

POR! They have one of the best food courts on property, it's cheaper, and it's gorgeous there.

I would choose either AOA or Contemporary. Reason being that both of those resorts would be a nice contrast to the theming you'll experience at AKV. If the proximity to MK isn't a huge deal to you, then AOA. :)

Side note...the Poly is supposedly starting DVC construction this month and there are rumors that the pool MAY close for refurb in January. Just something to keep in mind.

I would pick the AoA family suite. It's a new resort yes it's a value resort but everything I'm hearing they say its more like a moderate. We are in the same boat kind of trying to find where our family office should stay as well. I've been looking at AoA but its quite expensive for a value and I could stay at a deluxe resort for the same amount. But since you guys are looking for great theming and your DVC members I would go with AoA when we visited there last year after it opened we said right away we want to stay there. The pool has underwater speakers and everything screams disney I love it.

I would choose either AOA or Contemporary. Reason being that both of those resorts would be a nice contrast to the theming you'll experience at AKV. If the proximity to MK isn't a huge deal to you, then AOA. :)

Side note...the Poly is supposedly starting DVC construction this month and there are rumors that the pool MAY close for refurb in January. Just something to keep in mind.

Agree with all this 100%. And I've stayed at AoA. Loved it. If we weren't in the process of joining DVC I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Looks like the forerunner is AoA. :) I do love the theming and the newness of everything I've seen so far.

Just piling on for AoA Family Suites! We loved our stay there. I also think it would be the easiest to move from a 1 br at AKV. The others might make you feel a bit cramped. Loved having the 2 bathrooms!
It was so fun walking around and looking at all of the icons - in all of the sections. The pool was so fun and the food court had a nice variety and the food was all good.

I have never stayed at CR or POR AB. We did like Poly too but I'd pick AoA!

I would vote for either the Contemporary or AoA suites. A lot depends on your family and your plans for those 2 days. Is having a separate adult sleeping area a must? I personally LOVE having a sleeping area away from my 3. Are you going to be going to the parks either of those days? If so, which ones? If MK is on the list, you simply can NOT beat the CR's location to MK. The walk is awesome and there is the monorail (which my kids adore). But, if you plan to go to the other parks, transportation from the CR is not ideal. I'd rather have dedicated bus service from AoA to go to the other parks. Just some thoughts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter