please help me choose btw poly and beach club

pses

Earning My Ears
Which resort is best for our family of 4 with two boys ages 2 and 4? We want to spend a good chunck of time at the pool and I think my boys would really enjoy the kiddie area at the beach club (the small slide looks pretty cool!) and it seems like it would give us a chance to sit nearby and watch them play, as opposed to the larger zero entry pool at the poly where I expect we would need to watch them more closely. But the monorail access also seems key, as my kids wil probably want to keep returning to the magic kingdom. Is the poly pool ok for kids this age? Should I spilt time between the 2 hotels, even though we're only going for 5 nights? Thanks for your input! :)

pses said:
Which resort is best for our family of 4 with two boys ages 2 and 4?

But the monorail access also seems key, as my kids wil probably want to keep returning to the magic kingdom.

If your kids were older then maybe I'd suggest the BC. Depending on when you go and how crowded the pool area is, I would think that you're going to have to be right there with the kids in the pool anyway.
The ease and speed of getting to MK on the monorail would be especially important for taking the kids back for a nap/ swim in the afternoon and also at the end of the day. The Poly is also very close to the TTC so you can take the monorail to Epcot also.

Mike

We did a split stay last summer at BC/Poly w/ DD4 and DS1-1/2. It was much easier for us to watch after the kids at the Poly pool (the kids liked both pools). SAB is very big and spread out, and our DD didn't want to stay and play in any one specific area for long, so I had to wander around w/ her while DW watched our DS. SAB is a lot of fun, but IMO better for older kids.

Our kids love the MK so the Polynesian is our best choice.

Whatever you decide, I wouldn't recommend a split stay for a 5-night trip.

I agree with Mcmouse. When our oldest(8) was younger, we stayed at poly most of the time. The pool and the fountain area are nice for the little ones and you can't beat the transportation options to MK (and Epcot) particularly when you need a break from the park. Now that our oldest is not into the MK as much and our little one (8 months) doesn't care where he is, we tend to stay at the YC or in the boardwalk area. The pool at the BC is pretty spread out though so if they are at the kiddie slides, it is on the lagoon side across from the main pool. If they are playing in the kiddie part of the pool, that is in the main pool area. Have fun wherever you decide to stay!
Cheryl

I had this debate last month. I had a hard time deciding becuase Beach Club looks so nice. I Finally chose Poly becuase I have always wanted to stay there. I figure could try Beach next year , but I don't know how often you go to Disney...

When are you going?

Last trip in Jan. Beach Club turned off the heaters in the pool to save money. Beach Club is not much fun without heated pool :sad2:

Next trip, I'm going to try the Poly

We have two daughters, 6 and 3, and we have stayed at the Beach Club our last three trips. The pool is great, but it is spread out and can get busy, depending what time of year you will be there. You will probably want to stay close to your kids, which might mean sitting in the sand and making sand castles with them! My six-year old wanted to do the big slide and my three year old wanted to do the little one, so DH and I were frequently in different places!

One thing to think about - the walk from Beach Club to Epcot can be long, and I have carried my three year old several times since we usually rent a double stroller instead of bringing our own. If you are bringing your own stroller, you wouldn't mind the walk, but it was a long way back to the room after Illuminations with a tired child in my arms!

We are staying at the Poly next since we haven't been there since 2001 and we only have three days this time (we are cruising first). We spend more time at MK than Epcot anyway, but it should be pretty easy to get to both. I wanted to minimze travel time since we only have three days! HTH!

With the ages of your kids I would definitely go with the Poly. Monorail access to the MK can't be beat. You can also walk to the TTC and catch the monorail to EPCOT but believe (from experience) most of your time will probably be spent at the MK.

I'm sure your kids will enjoy the pool at the Poly. It is a zero entry, there is also a beach/sand area for them to play in. Save the BC for when they are really old enough to enjoy Stormalong Bay.

I would do the split stay....3/2 nights at each...this way you will be able to experience two different resorts, and also take advantage of the transportation options at each...this will save you alot of transportation time...

We do it every year (Poly/BWV), and the kids love it...

Also if the "kiddie slides" you are talking about are the ones behind the stairs for the big slide- that pool is pretty deep. With the ages of your kids you would need to be in the water- unless they are amazing swimmers. It is a nice small spot though- no chairs over there as they want to encourage you to be in the water with your kids here. The sandy kiddie area is cute and entertaining for the little ones- but it is also just a hop skip and a flop into the big pool. So you do need to be on top of them if they are wanderers.
Now I have never stayed at the Poly(yet- we are headed there this summer :banana: ) but the monorail can't be beat with small children. And from what I see they have quite a few children's activities throughout the day. And last year when we stayed at the GF it was so nice to be able to have dinner and then decide hey let's go over to MK for a quick ride on the train- and maybe Buzz again. So even though I have not stayed there yet I vote the Poly for you.

I have gone over this question for several months.

We are staying 8 nights and I changed this morning to split stay. 4 nights at BC and 4 nights at the Poly!!

Best of both worlds and I will not feel like I am missing anything!!

My children will be 2 and 6.

Have a magical trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter