Please help me choose a new place to try!

Ragtime Gal

Momzilla
We are going to Disney in April, and we've eaten many times (and will again) at the "basic" places:

--Chef Mickey
--Hollywood and Vine
--Cindy Breakfast (and the dinner at Park Faire)
--The Land
--Liberty Tree Tavern

Can anyone suggest a new and different place with great food? Character dining should be included.

My kids are 13, 11 and 6, if that helps.

Thanks!

Shar

The Beirgarten for the show which the kids can join in.

Whispering Canyon where everyone is part of the show.

50's Prime Time Cafe where again everyone is part of the show.

I am a big fan of the 50's PTC. I have been lucky, both I have been the food is wonderful and have gotten great servers. I had breakfast for the first time at Cape May on my last trip in December. Food was good and charter interactions was awesome. They came by several times while we were eating. Even though it was me (32) and a friend (27) they came to our table as much as tables with kids.

We love 'Ohana at the Poly. Great for breakfast with characters and dinner for just fun and games.

Have a great time!! :)

My kids (9 and 5) enjoyed the Sci-Fi for lunch, BOMA for dinner, Trails End for breakfast, Teppanyaki, Chef Mickey's, and I'm sure there are more (I can't think of everyplace we ate last trip!)

My 5 y/o is a VERY picky eater and we were always able to accomodate his tastes everywhere we ate. My 9 y/o is very adventuruous and loved trying new foods (especially at BOMA!)

Have fun!

Marcy

Though it did not have charactor dining Boma's at AKL was fantastic. They had lively music and the food was awesome plus they had fries and mac/cheese for picky eaters. Before or after the meal it's just lovely walking around the lobby.

Another good one is the Princess Breakfast at Norway. Food was very nice and you got to meet 5 princess' (if that's your kids thing).

I took DD to Garden Grove charactor lunch two years ago and they had Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale and Pluto. Food again very nice but also it's just a fun restaurant as it rotates.

Hi,

Prime time in MGM is great!!! Lots of fun!!! Enjoy!

Allison

Cape may cafe for either the character breakfast of the seafood buffett
Spoodles for breakfast or dinner
Beaches and Cream anytime but breakfast
Boma for breakfast or dinner
Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner

Another vote for Ohana here...lots of yummy food and fun!

If any of the kids are sports fans, they will like ESPN. Its become a must do for my kids(8 & 5) and the food is pretty good for what it is.

The Hoop De Doo Revue is another place that has very good food, for what it is(fried chicken and ribs) and its a ton of fun.

Althought it gets many bad reviews, the older kids might get a kick out of going to Planet Hollywood and seeing all the memoribilia. We have always had very good food there, but we seem to be in the minority. ;)

Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness is pretty good. It has good food, relaxing and friendly atmosphere and it's reasonably priced.

Boma's for dinner and go early to look at the animals and do the kids activity (they have different ones throughout the day and they earn a bead for their necklace)

Whispering Canyon! The best fun! Ask for Empty Wallet. She's a hoot :teeth:

For non-character eating, I suggest 'Ohana's and the Cape May Cafe Buffet. Both for dinner. The Cape May Cafe Buffet is much more than seafood. The prime rib is delicious. Both are good with children.

O'Hana at Polynesian resort HAS to get my vote! They do a character breakfast there, but I have to tell you that their dinner is OUTSTANDING! No characters, but well worth it anyway. and they do coconut races and hula hoop contests with the kids to keep it fun!

Ohana and Marakesh were both really fun and had great food! I also recommend San Angel (if you like mexican).

Park Fare for Breakfast
Trails End for Breakfast
Hoopy Doo for Dinner (kids loved it)
Le Cellier for Dinner
I guess I'm amongst the minority but I didn't care for Boma. Good selection of fresh fruit though.

Try the "The Dolphin Fountain and Snack Shop" for lunch or dinner, and "The Yacht Club Galley" for breakfast or lunch. :)

We love Ohana's!! My son loved the coconut races and hula hoops. Also if your kids are picky they can order off the kids menu from Kona. We also love Boma, the food is outstanding for a buffet and my son found lots to try and he liked a lot. Biergarten another favorite, hotdogs for the kids to eat and also my DS loved the chicken and pretzel rolls. Both my kids, DD was only 14mths at the time so didn't really eat much of regular food, but both kids loved the band playing. They didn't stop dancing all night!!

My family and I love the 50's PrimeTime Cafe at MGM! We have three girls ages 9,8 and 4 and they have a great time! We always get a server that is really into their character and that makes it so much more fun! The food is good too...give it a try!

Just remember to keep your elbows off the table! :teeth:

Therese

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter