Please help...I made a huge mistake

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
Hi, I had planned to take my family to Disney since last summer, our family is literally ready and just waiting to get the date. Well here`s the problem, I was banking on free dining in August, as it has been offered for the last few years. I assumed that this would come up again in the spring and we would book a flight and package and go for a reasonable price (we live in Newfoundland, Canada so the flight is a substantial amount). I just found out it was already offered and we missed it...I cant believe it. Can someone suggest an alternate date to do to WDW when we might get a good price? We can travel from July 1-Sept 1....does anyone know if free dining will still come back this spring???? HELPPPPPPPP

Hi, I had planned to take my family to Disney since last summer, our family is literally ready and just waiting to get the date. Well here`s the problem, I was banking on free dining in August, as it has been offered for the last few years. I assumed that this would come up again in the spring and we would book a flight and package and go for a reasonable price (we live in Newfoundland, Canada so the flight is a substantial amount). I just found out it was already offered and we missed it...I cant believe it. Can someone suggest an alternate date to do to WDW when we might get a good price? We can travel from July 1-Sept 1....does anyone know if free dining will still come back this spring???? HELPPPPPPPP

They usually offer it for late August and on into September, so you can probably get it if you watch for when it comes out. It usually comes out in late spring I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Disney Visa has an offer for kids stay and play free Kids Stay and Play Free

Valid for stays most nights 2/17/11-4/16/11, 4/28/11-6/14/11 and 8/14/11-10/1/11.

When Disney Visa cardholders purchase a 4-night, 4-day Magic Your Way Package that includes room and park tickets, kids age 3-9 stay free and get a free 4-day park ticket!

Sample Pricing: The following pricing is for select dates 2/27/11 - 3/10/11 and 5/1/11 - 6/2/11 in a Standard Room at a Value Resort. Sample pricing does not include tax. Rates will vary depending the resort, room type, and dates of travel. Click Here to see a list of the Disney seasons to see the non-discounted Rates.

$503 (per adult for a 4-night stay based on adult double occupancy)
Discount Codes: The following codes can be used for obtaining these discounts by calling Disney directly, P2A
This discount must be booked by 2/13/11.

Yes Unfortunately you did miss Free Dining! :sad2: You do have other options right now though! Don't give up hope!

Disney JUST released a couple more deals to the General Public TODAY!!! One is the Kids Stay and Play FREE and the Other is a Room Only Discount.

CLICK HERE for more info on WDW's current Deals! Good Luck!!! :goodvibes

Free dining may be offered again in the spring. Of course, no one knows for sure, but it is usually announced in mid April. Good luck!

can't know for sure, but keep watching the Disney website, starting about mid-March and on into April...that's the time they offered August-September free dining before. At least the last couple of years. Offering it in December of this year was new - they've never had it offered out that far in advance except on bounceback. I can say I doubt that they filled as many rooms as they wanted...we booked 2 rooms on the day before the promo expired (exp. 12/21/10) and we had our choice of all levels of rooms at 2 moderate and 2 deluxe resorts we looked at. So there was still plenty of availability at the end of that promo. I'd bet they offer it again in the Spring.:thumbsup2

There really isn't any way to know this for sure right now. All you can do is keep watching the offers that are released. There isn't any way to tell if they will offer free dining for the same dates twice for one year.

I believe peak attendance dates end this year on August 13, so book for August 14 or after to get the best price. It's also unlikely that any free dining will be offered for dates prior to August 14.

I know what you mean about flights being expensive. Sorry oyu missed the free dining. Try the kids stay and play for free. It was exactly the same price for me either deal except different dates. Also, last year I got my October trip free dining booked during summer time. You still got hope. Book the trip with the best option for you out there and hope for the best.

They usually offer it for late August and on into September, so you can probably get it if you watch for when it comes out. It usually comes out in late spring I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's already been offered and over with now.

They could offer it again, no one knows with Disney.
You can book the kids stay and play offer now and then if something better comes along, change it. If you have more than 1 child, the savings will still be good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter