Please help explain the Emerald Club/Aisle to me

dvcfamily41801

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member
There IS a $50.00 annual fee and do you get reduced rates or the only benefit is not having to stand in line for the car? Is Emerald Club the same as Emerald Aisle?

We have always used Dollar and have been happy with them. As soon as we get off the plane, my husband goes to the car rental counter while my son and I get our luggage. More times than not, he is finished and waiting in the car by the time we are finished with the luggage, so that has worked well.

Just by looking online now, I see an intermediate using the priceless code and Entertainment coupon for a rate of 109.90 including tax. In order to get this rate, do I have to join this club? Of course that is a fantastic rate I just was not sure if I had to pay the $50.00 annual fee or something.

Im sorry to ask so much. Thanks for any help.

#1 you can get a membership for free at this link --->http://www.mousesavers.com/national.html

Just go to the link on that page that mentions the free membership. I used it myself for the free membership.

#2 The benefit of EC is that you do get to skip the line and go straight to the garage. If you reserve an intermediate, you can go to the Emerald Aisle and pick any car on that aisle. It is mostly intermediates, but they sometimes mix in full size and suv's like the Aztec. This is a free upgrade.

If you choose any other size car, you are guaranteed that car and you walk straight to that aisle in the parking garage and make your choice.

The neatest thing about National is that you choose the car. The keys are in the door lock or ignition and you choose the color, make, and model.

You can seriously be out of the airport in 15 minutes. I don't even check other rental agencies anymore, I loved National and Emerald Club that much.

Have fun.

Duds

Wow! Okay, well I just wanted to be safe and I did book that rate that I found and it said I have to finish my reservation at the counter. Can I still change that if I join the club?

Thanks so much!! :)

You will probably need to make a new reservation THEN cancel the old one dvcfamily41801. Mousesavers has advised in the past to not try to modify an existing reservation. I guess the reservation agents are easily confused.

I just checked rates using the discount codes from Mousesavers, then logged onto our Emerald Aisle account and checked that rate. Even with the Entertainment discount, the quote for EA was higher. My understanding is that you cannot get the Priceless or other contract code AND use EA. It appears that you have to make a tough choice between using a Contract ID or Emerald Aisle. IMO, the convenience and service level of EA far out weighs the few $ I might save with a contract ID.

Not meaning to contradict LadyCluck, but you can indeed use the Priceless contract code, the Ent coupon, and still select either Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve as your Level of Service. I have done it several times.

On the other hand, I do agree with LadyCluck on the changing aspect. I have found several times that if you change an existing reservation my rate ends up being higher. You should always make a new one and then go back and cancel the old one.

You CAN use contract ID's with your EC membership. I used the Carlson Wagonlit (5760339) last August with no problems and have a ressie using Priceless (6600330) for this June. Both use the Entertainment $20 off coupon. You automatically have a contract ID associated with your EC membership. When I log in to EC, the Turner Travel contract ID is automatically put in the contract ID box. I simply change it.

If you find that you can't get a new ressie that matches the one you have, simply call Emerald Club and have them add your number to your ressie. The easiest is to make a new one. In fact, you get your number immediately when you sign up and then you can go directly to nationalcar.com and make your ressie.

Have fun!

Duds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter