• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help - CRT & Dining Plan

daisyduck123

<font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe
Hi everyone. I hope you can help. I'm about to be sick over this.

Two weeks ago I made all my ADRs (we'll be on the regular DP)...no problems.

I made my CRT dinner ADR as "out of pocket". Well now, we've decided we definitely want to make it on the DP. I called today to switch it, & the nice cm on the phone tried, but couldn't. She said what I should do is when we show up for our ADR to have our credit card with us that I booked it on, our room key, etc. & that the switch could take place then.

So basically, my question is....when we show up for our CRT dinner, can we switch to our DP credits instead of paying the 204.00 oop that I reserved the ADR on? Oh thank you.

Anyone ever done this?

How long after making the reservation did you call back to use dining credits? I did this same thing, but I had not had my CC charged yet, so I had to call back once I had been charged to note I was on the dining plan and was THEN credited back the amount I had paid out of pocket.

Two weeks exactly.

April 19 is when I made my ADRs, & then I called today to have the switch done.

Thanks.

Honestly, I would just call back and try to talk to another CM. I know they were willing to credit me what I had paid and note I had the dining plan on there instead.

Honestly, I would just call back and try to talk to another CM. I know they were willing to credit me what I had paid and note I had the dining plan on there instead.

Ok thanks, I think I will call back later today.

So if i make my reservation for CRT, and I am on the DP, then i don;t need to put it on a CC??? Or, do i still need to provide a CC# in case of no show??

So if i make my reservation for CRT, and I am on the DP, then i don;t need to put it on a CC??? Or, do i still need to provide a CC# in case of no show??

They still require a CC# at reservation in case you don't show up. Then when you "pay" for the meal, make sure they know you're on the DDP and they'll deduct credits from your card.

If the CM knows what theyre doing they can refund the CC and use it as a "CC guarantee" with the DDP. No need to wait until you get to the restaurant

Last November I had prepaid for Thanksgiving at the Fort with my credit card. About a month later I decided to switch up my reservation and added the Dining Plan. Didn't think about that credit card charge until later. So I called back and it was no problem for the CM to credit my credit card and show that we were on the dining plan instead for that ADR. The credit showed up on my card the next statement.

I would definitely call back and just try for a different CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter