Please HELP...can I salvage my shirts????

Beana

Earning My Ears
Ok...I'm pretty new to making t-shirt designs for my DNs, but so far have had good luck and all the shirts have come out just wonderful...until today.:guilty:

I got into a printing and ironing groove earlier, I printed a yellow design on light shirt transfer paper completely forgetting that 2 of the shirts I was making for the girls were red...I didn't catch it until I had already ironed them onto the shirts. Now you can't see the wording or the colors.:sad:

Is it possible to print the image on transfer sheets for dark shirts and iron that OVER the one I messed up or are the shirts ruined??? We're leaving for our trip day after tomorrow so I was hoping one of you talented folks could tell me if I need to trash the red shirts and buy more or if the "cover up" will work.

TIA to anyone who can help me.
~Beana~

Ok...I'm pretty new to making t-shirt designs for my DNs, but so far have had good luck and all the shirts have come out just wonderful...until today.:guilty:

I got into a printing and ironing groove earlier, I printed a yellow design on light shirt transfer paper completely forgetting that 2 of the shirts I was making for the girls were red...I didn't catch it until I had already ironed them onto the shirts. Now you can't see the wording or the colors.:sad:

Is it possible to print the image on transfer sheets for dark shirts and iron that OVER the one I messed up or are the shirts ruined??? We're leaving for our trip day after tomorrow so I was hoping one of you talented folks could tell me if I need to trash the red shirts and buy more or if the "cover up" will work.

TIA to anyone who can help me.
~Beana~

Oh, that is such a bummer for you!! I wish I could help! I have a lot of experience designing shirts, but very little experience actually ironing them.:confused3

I hope someone will come along soon to help you!! If no one comes to help in time (this board can be very slow sometimes), do remember that your trip should not be ruined because of not having a set of the shirts done. Try to focus on the fun and love you'll share on your trip!!

I hope you get this fixed very soon:hug:

Thanks for responding.:goodvibes I normally wouldn't be bummed about something like this, but it will leave 2 little ones without a trip shirt(7 kids total going).

I guess I'm just gonna try the "cover up" and see how it works, if it won't stick or looks funky I'll run out and buy some new shirts tonight and cut up the trashed one's for the rag bag...if it turns out good....BONUS. :thumbsup2 LOL

I don't know the answer but one transfer sheet is a pretty minor price to pay to try it and see if it works. After you have tried it, please let us know the results so we can help others in the future.

Oh man that's awful. I don't have an answer for you but wanted to say good luck and have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

Thanks for responding.:goodvibes I normally wouldn't be bummed about something like this, but it will leave 2 little ones without a trip shirt(7 kids total going).

Oh, I know what you mean . . .I hope ALL thie kids get to have a great shirt . . .Good Luck!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes and here's a little dustpixiedust:

Woo-Hoo! It worked!!:cool1: When trimming the paper down for the design, I went about 1/4 inch wider all the way around and went back and hit those edges w/ a pair of the decorative edge shears that way it would be slightly larger than the original and have a bit of fabric to adhere to rather than just the other transfer.(peeling the backing off was kind of tricky though:scared: )

They came out perfect! It is a bit "thick" where the two transfers are, so it will probably be too hot to wear in the middle of summer, but they'll work for this trip. The best part is that I didn't have to waste perfectly good shirts. Plus my sister came up with a great idea of cutting the back off the shirt when we get home and using it as the front of a pillow to put on the girls' beds....I thought that was pretty darn crafty. LOL

Two lessons learned...1) you can Double Up in a pinch and 2) NEVER fall into a printing/ironing groove. :rolleyes1

~Beana~

Beana,

I am so glad it worked out for you. I can only imagine your stress.

A couple of months ago, I was making quite a few shirts (50 whew!) and got into a groove and accidently ironed one on with the back not yet removed. Of course I ruined the iron on and had to go to the craft store and buy a whole pack for one lousy transfer. The bad thing was it was the only one that wasn't for our trip, it was actually for my son's teacher's Christmas Gift.

Live and Learn! That groove can be good and bad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter