Please Help Calm Anxiety. :)

schuhbox

Earning My Ears
We leave for Florida tomorrow but don't arrive to Disney until the 21st. We always go in Sept/Oct but this time we didn't want to take the kids out of school. We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time, we usually stay at the Beach. I've made all our ADRs. I've done research on touring plans. But my anxiety is through the roof, since we've never been there in the summer, all this talk of the new RFID, and the normal anxieties that I haven't picked the right parks for the right days, etc, etc..... Please calm me down!

Just focus on having a magical trip with your family! Going mid-June is probably less crowded than Fourth of July weekend or later in summer, so I doubt parks will be closing to capacity or anything like that. If you need a breather from crowds and what not, plan some pool time or a day to sleep in.

We love the Poly!! Take breaks from the heat and remember to enjoy!!! We will be there next month!! :wizard:

Breathe in...breathe out. Everything will be fine if you accept that you've done everything you can plan-wise. Now it's time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. :cloud9:

Have a Magical time! :goodvibes

We will be there on 23rd....I am with you on worrying...even though we have been at Easter busy....June...hot and rainy...Aug. tropical storms...

We too can only go when kids are out of school....so summer it is....
Last time we did early to the parks...back to resort in afternoon....
We have ADR every night for dinner, so we will go to the parks again in the evening.

This time though my DSis, DBil and Dnephew will be with us....I am worrying about them having a good time. They have only been once in May, so I am worried it will be much more crowded for them.

The good thing is my sister plan her days last time the same way we do it, so we are on the same page....parks morning...pm rest...back out for dinner and more parks at night...

We stayed at the Poly....love it....you will really love it....

See you at the Parks...:wizard:

The Poly is the best!
I think the key do a great Disney vacation is to plan ahead, but be ready to throw it all away if need be once you're there! Try the "best park" and see how it is. Get fast passes or skip long lines. There is so much to see and do! Use your ADR's to recharge and ENJOY! Aim to do your favorite things but son't be opposed to trying something different and/or relaxing. Have a few must-do's for your kids, but remember they may also enjoy something different. It will be crowded but it's still magical!

We always go in the summer. Yes, it's hot, and crowded--but if you have planned ahead, hit rope drop, and cool off in the pool in the afternoons and nap, you will be more than fine. Have fun!!

You will LOVE Poly!!!!! Definitely take breaks if you can. I haven't been to WDW in the summer since I was a teen, but it's hot. The poly has a great pool. Take advantage of it. Don't stress, it all works itself out in the end. Before I leave for any trip, I remind myself that I planned as much as I could plan, I tried to accommodate everyone's needs, and I did the best job of making it the best trip I could. Don't sweat the small stuff and have FUN! If everything you planned doesn't work out-Oh Well. It's a reason to go back next year!!!!!

You will LOVE Poly!!!!! Definitely take breaks if you can. I haven't been to WDW in the summer since I was a teen, but it's hot. The poly has a great pool. Take advantage of it. Don't stress, it all works itself out in the end. Before I leave for any trip, I remind myself that I planned as much as I could plan, I tried to accommodate everyone's needs, and I did the best job of making it the best trip I could. Don't sweat the small stuff and have FUN! If everything you planned doesn't work out-Oh Well. It's a reason to go back next year!!!!!

This is exactly what I tell myself. All of the stuff we don't get to is another excuse to go back another time :thumbsup2

Make use of the early and late hours for resort guests. I found this was the time that I was able to get right on the rides we wanted.

You sound like me, we are going in August because of school schedules too. I made all my ADRs, tried planning the days, parks, etc..and started to get so stressed over it all. I ended up cancelling my DDP, kept three ADR's and we are just going to go to the parks that we want to on that day...if too crowded, we will leave and go to another...I don't want to be in line for a ride and be watching the clock for a reservation to eat and thinking oh no we are gonna be late or we are gonna have to skip the ride.. Plus I started thinking that when it's so hot my crew really doesn't want to eat a lot...if they aren't on a ride, they will be back at the resort pool. If we are lucky to get a last minute reservation, we will do it, otherwise we will just eat where ever. My kids are excited about eating around the world in Epcot, even if we split it up over two days...they just want snacks not big meals.

We've had better times when we just "wing it"...no stress involved! Good luck and take a deep breath

We leave for Florida tomorrow but don't arrive to Disney until the 21st. We always go in Sept/Oct but this time we didn't want to take the kids out of school. We are staying at the Polynesian for the first time, we usually stay at the Beach. I've made all our ADRs. I've done research on touring plans. But my anxiety is through the roof, since we've never been there in the summer, all this talk of the new RFID, and the normal anxieties that I haven't picked the right parks for the right days, etc, etc..... Please calm me down!

Tell yourself that the alternative is to cancel the trip - now how's your anxiety?

I used to feel the same way, and decided that it just wasn't worth getting all worked up. I'd tell myself if I was going to act this way, I'd better cancel the trip if I couldn't handle it. (I have talks like this to myself all the time, it really helps my anxiety issues)

It's a vacation, not a life/death situation. (I've said that to myself as well)

Yes, it is really hot on the one hand, on the other hand, most of the lines are indoors or in shade at least, thank goodness!

I have to admit over the years I have stopped even putting on sunscreen because we are actually not in the sun that much... or at least in large spurts. The only park I have more issues with the heat is AK. I think it's because lines seem to be more outdoors.

One nice thing about going in the summer is you don't have to worry about packing heavier clothes JIC. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter