Please help - breaking up the drive.

mrleebob

Earning My Ears
Hey!

We are off to DLRP for a week, starting Sun 4th October. However, in my infinite wisdom, I decided it would be a great idea to drive there for the first time. I've worked out that from Wales, it's going to take around 7.5 hours plus channel crossing and passport control. I think the best thing is to leave Wales on the Saturday, get to France and book a hotel in the Dunkirk area to break up the trip, leaving me a somewhat straight forward drive on the Sunday morning.

Can anybody recommend a nice but affordable hotel in that area? Am I best driving further on the Saturday and stopping en route? Thanks.

I take it you are sailing to Dunkirk? I know many on here who do Dover to Calais stop at Ashford overnight then do the rest of the journey, which is another option. Disney is about 3 hrs from Calais

We're planning on driving next March. Last time we did it we did it wrong for us - we travelled to Dover, stopped "overnight" and got a ferry at 3am. It was hell waking the kids and we were so, so tired! So next year we're driving to Dover on the Wednesday - it will take us about 4 hours, then sail over to France around 1/2pm and we'll stay at a nearby DLP hotel. The Thursday we check into Disney for our break. Hoping this way we'll be refreshed from the journey and we can check in early to make the most of our park time.

We're going the same day as you :cool1:

The only time we've driven we stopped overnight at Ashford and then got the Eurotunnel crossing the next morning, I think around 7amish. We were at Disney by lunchtime and it was fine.

You'll see details of it in my trip report in my sig for summer 2011 - also on the sticky driving to dlp by car here

Hope this helps :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter