Please help a newbie

beckyjb70

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to plan my families FIRST trip to WDW. I've got 3 dd (6,4,2). Really need help finding good rates on resorts. Hoping to go 11/5/05-11/12/05. Please help!!!! Thx

First of all Welcome to the DIS :cool1:
1)Did you read the Mousesavers website? www.mousesavers.com
2) Did you read Deb's site? www.allearsnet.com
3) Finally decide what discounts you can qualify for(eg AAA, teacher, military, etc) Email Dreams Unlimited and ask for a price quote.
Their sites have a ton of helpful information.
Also you might want to conside renting points at OKW since you have a child under 3. (you would need 82 points=$820 usually $10 a point) so that is 117 a night including tax...so when looking at rates besure to figure the taxes too.

Check the codes and rate section of the board and you will be on your way to a great vacation....Good Luck.

OKW is Old Key West Resort. They have large 2 q rooms in a stuido and enough room for a crib/pack and play. There is way more room than in a Value room.
OKW (Disney Vacation Property)
Pros
has a fridge
has a toaster
has a microwave
Laundry is free
larger beds
deluxe at a value price

Cons
Value might be slightly cheaper espically if you have a discount(very slightly otherwise)
no daily maid service

But check out allears for pics/ and room information

:sunny: Welcome! :sunny: The value hotels have worked out fine for my family. If your 2 year old will still sleep in a crib, it might work out for yours.You are allowed 4+1in a crib. Last trip we stayed at ASSP- my kids loved it, our next trip we are staying at PC. We got a great deal through AAA( well we think its great :confused3 ) 6 days @ PC, w/ 6 day hopper passes,and the dinning plan( not free anymore :guilty: ), all for under $1,800.00. Now, this does not include airfaire, and my 2yr old is Mickeys guest. And the dates we are going are, value season. At this time in our life, value hotels and value season are the only way we can afford to take our family to Disney. It may not be the top of the line, but our kids don't know the difference, they had fun at ASSP, and I am sure they will have fun at PC!! Good luck, there are deals out there! :wave2:

Can you possible change your dates?
Nov. 27th through December 19th are Value Season when the rooms are cheaper.
And the bonus would be that all the Christmas decorations would be up.
They are Awesome!! :hyper:

Welcome to the DIS. I agree the later date lower cost and great season. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Thank you for your suggestions and insight. I have really learned alot through DIS. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter