Please help a fellow Canadian! :)

mamabear0222

Countdown to 2014 trip
last 2 weeks of Feb or April for 2 weeks in Florida (staying offsite so not worried about resort crowds)

Check out easywdw.com. He gives a review of each month with overviews of the weather, crowd predictions and recommendations of the best week for visiting each month. Then you can decide which time period best suits your needs.

Thanks for your input, I meant worried about resort prices! (not resort crowds)

I was advised of a few things and now made a decision, paying a lot of money for a trip, Im just trying to inform myself, so thank you to those who responded.

1. Avoid Presidents week in Feb (this was originally one of the weeks we planned)
2. April is rainy and hotter and busier
3. Beginning of Feb a lot of rides are closed for refurbishment, however it is low time and parks are less crowded. The weather at the beginning of Feb may be cooler as well.

Weather wise the end of Feb is nicer for us and the crowds seem to be low to moderate :)

You may have figured it out by now? We went the second half of Feb a couple of years ago and it was great weather-wise. A little cool at the start but personally I prefer that to too hot, especially if you plan to spend a lot of time in the parks. Prices and crowds are great. About 5 years ago we went at the start of Feb and I ended up buying some very expensive sweat pants at MK. I was freezing and hadn't packed anything. So I like Feb, but bring some layering clothes if you go then,just in case. Yeah, Pres' day, always surprises me as we don't have any holidays between New Year's and Easter in NS. :-(

last 2 weeks of Feb or April for 2 weeks in Florida (staying offsite so not worried about resort crowds)

In April you have to watch out for the All-Star Cheer & Dance world competitions.. lots of events through out that month each year. But you can look before hand to see what’s going on before you book.
We use to go every April but last year went in January and LOVED it! For now on it will be January/February for us!
We had minimal line waits. We went on Test track 3 times one day before noon!
Weather was perfect!!

I don't know where you read that April is rainy. My understanding is that there is usually not a huge amount of rain that month. And yes it will be getting warmer but I wouldn't call it HOT by any stretch. Yes it is cooler in February but it can get cold. If things like swimming or water parks is important April may be a better choice. If you really don't like the heat and don't mind having to possibly wear pants and sweatshirts then go with February.

In April you just need to watch that you are not going anytime around Easter.

We were there once at the beginning of Feb and once in the middle of Feb. We wished we had brought proper warm clothes during the first week of Feb, though it then warmed up to where we were perfectly happy in pools. Last time (Feb 7-20 or something like that), our first week was cool in the evenings and sweater weather by day, but then again it warmed up. Both times, it would've been a serious bummer if we had only had one week.

In April you have to watch out for the All-Star Cheer & Dance world competitions.. lots of events through out that month each year. But you can look before hand to see what’s going on before you book.
We use to go every April but last year went in January and LOVED it! For now on it will be January/February for us!
We had minimal line waits. We went on Test track 3 times one day before noon!
Weather was perfect!!

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com
you can check for events at the above link...

April 27 - 28, 2013
Cheerleading and Dance Worlds™
Invited Nationally titled All-Star Cheerleading and Dance teams take on the world.

The above event happens every April! Thousands and thousands of Kids in the parks! Very busy!!!!! We made the mistake of going one year when this was happening! Never again!

February has a national cheer leading competition too, not sure on the dates, but let me tell you there was a lot of cheerleaders there! Sucks when like three hundred of them go to space mountain at the same time and use their fastpasses.
But yeah we were there in feb and it was really hot. Mid to high eighties!
I think the lesson learned here is that the weather can be warm or not. Just depends on your luck, or lack there of.

Good choice mama bear. That's what I would have chosen. Have an awesome time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter