Please give opinions on Raglan Road

Kristi113

Mouseketeer
For anyone who has been recently, I would love to hear your opinion on food quality, service and possible dish suggestions. We are considering an ADR for September but I want some recent feedback. TIA

We went there our last trip and really enjoyed it. Our 12 year old dd especially liked it. Food was good as was the entertainment. As for a table near the stage so you can see the dancing. Also check what time the preformances are and make your reservations so you are there to see it.

Raglan Road is FANTASTIC! The service, atmosphere and food are all great and we have always made it a point to go back each trip. I love the Serious Steak.. the Scallops Forest appetizer is awesome. And the bread pudding is really something, I get it even if I am full.. it is delicious!

One of our favorites! The only thing we have tried that hadn't been great was the fish and chips (under-seasoned and under-cooked). I have enjoyed the mussels, scallops, heavenly ham, shepherd's pie, bread pudding, dunbrody's kiss...

Hold out for a table in the main room.

I highly recommend the appetizer sampler, the steak or the heavenly ham, and most definitely the bread pudding.

So so good. I really like when they have the chicken pie (pie of the day) and please do not skip the bread pudding!

Delicious! Colcannon soup & shepherd's pie = potato heaven. Some great and unique beers as well. Was there in April and recommend it highly!

My family went in March. We enjoyed it very much. The only meal that was disappointing was the fish and chips, they seemed bland and old, maybe? We split 2 appetizers, the dalkey duo sausages and smokey city dip. Both were excellent. Couple of us had chicken pot pies which were good and very rich. Someone tried the bangers and booze and those were good also. The live band and dancers were really fun and made for a lively evening.

We were there last week-end meeting friends visiting Orlando who've never eaten there. We shared the huge appetizer platter (battered sausages, scallop forest and wings) and I Also ordered my favorite, the Smokie (fish, potato, cheese, puréed, served with baguettes) For entrees my son had his usual of tender braised beef over horseradish mashed potatoes with carrots & parsnips , I tried something new, the lamb shank, juicy tender! And of course the bread and butter pudding for dessert. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the entertainment! It's just a fun place! We've been going for years and it's always been good!

Ate there last night. In the past we liked it, but did not last night. Couldn't find our reservation by name and when I tried to show the confirmation number for a possible cross reference ,had my hand physically pushed aside and I was not in his face with it. Only one staff member we encountered seemed to want to be there. The food tasted good, but the portions seemed smaller. Two of us were still hungry after. The weather was bad and it was crowded but the overall experience is not something we are going to be repeating anytime in the near future.

Oh yeah ,skip the fish and chips. Last night, one small piece of fish for $20.

We go just about every trip to Orlando -- definitely a favorite to many!! I've never had a bad experience with the Fish and Chips, but I don't always order them. Love the Dalkey Duos, Heaven on Earth, and Nom Nom Wings for appetizers! For dinner, these are the usual entrées that we love and would recommend:
Shepherd’s Pie - The traditional shepherd’s pie with a little makeover contemporary twist to this favorite dish
Fish & Chips - Beer battered fish & chips served with fresh tartar sauce. (Can ask for gluten-free option)
Banger & Booz - Guinness & onion bangers on mash, topped with caramelized onions & beef stew.

We haven't eaten there recently (haven't been able to make it to WDW for our 10th trip) but whenever we did eat there we loved.

The menu has a large selection of good entrees and the bread pudding for dessert rivals 'Ohana. Also if you are lucky to catch some entertainment it is top notch.

Couldn't find our reservation by name and when I tried to show the confirmation number for a possible cross reference ,had my hand physically pushed aside and I was not in his face with it.

They've been having this problem of missing ADRs since before my trip there in November. It didn't hit us in January, so it's not across the board.

As for the attitudes, what did the manager say when you brought it to his/her attention while there?

Loved Raglan Road. Great food and yummy beer!!

This was my steak which was quite delicious!!

image.jpg

Raglan Road is fantastic! If you don't like loud places it might be one to skip, but other than that I can't think of a single negative. I always order fish and chips because if a place has fish and chips on the menu, I order it. My husband gets some kind of a steak that he always raves about (sorry I can't be more specific, but he's not here for me to ask him). The bread pudding for dessert is amazing!

I know I am in the minority here but we were very disappointed in Raglan Road especially after reading all the rave reviews. We are adventurous eaters and we found the food here VERY bland (could be what we ordered: lamb shank, cod, half chicken dish though older dd did like the fish and chips) and there were some real misses with potatoes being really undercooked (almost raw) and a really runny lemon tart. Desserts were meh--bread pudding was good but have had better. Service was friendly and we weren't seated where we could see the show so can't comment on that. It was one of those been there done that restaurants, not sure I'd go back.

One of our favourite spots in property bar none. Yes. We have had bad service at times. Yes. It can be loud, etc. That's the atmosphere. If that is complaint, one should read reviews before heading into any restaurant for atmosphere style.

Is it the "best" food I have ever had? No. Is it one of the best meals (consistently) on property? Yes. Their pies are great and I have never had a bad pie any time I ordered one. The shows are very good (although short to me) and the performers are great.

Can't say enough about Raglan Road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter