Please give me some suggestions for Family Reunion favors

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the budget board too......I need all the suggestions I can get!

I need some creative help from my creative minded friends!! We're having a small family reunion in the middle of June, and I'm trying to think of a cute party favor to give either when everyone arrives, or maybe the day of the reunion. We're having a BBQ outside at a local park, and there will be about 15 adults, about 5 kids. Budget minded is the key here, but I'd like something cute and crafty (but easy!!!) too! I thought about making t-shirts for everyone, but after buying the shirts/transfer paper/ink for my printer--that's going to be too expensive I think. A goody bag??? With what in it?? Of course they put the least crafty person in the family in charge of this.
HELP!!

thanks

You could make a design or have one made with your family's name (same as a T-shirt, but buy magnetic paper and print 4-6 magnets per page. You'd have control over the size, which means you have control over how many magnetic sheets you'd need to buy as well as how much ink you'd use. We've had pencils made with names on them as well as golf tees for very little $$. I know people have had those rubber braclets made with their kids names on them. I think the more you order the cheaper they are. There are several web sites for those. Key chains, magnetic picture frames. There are alot of things that you could do easily and relatively cheaply. You can buy ceramic pots pretty cheaply at garden supply places. You could paint the pots or better yet have the kids paint them and plant a plant in each one. My son did this at school for mother's day so I'm sure it was inexpensive. It looks great on my window sill. If you know someone with an ivy plant or a spider plant you could ever start some new plants from those for no money for the plants.

Deb

At our family reunion, my aunt and uncle made marshmallow shooters for each of the kids (including those only young at heart). Mind you, there are 25+ kids at our reunions. I've made many of them since for work and friends. My aunt & uncle cut up the pieces and made "kits" with the parts so that everyone could put their own together as a craft project. They then had colored electric tape so that everyone could decorate their own as preferred. That was a lot of fun. They cost about $1 a piece to make. You just need to cut pvc tubing to the right lengths before hand and buy connector parts, electric tape and mini marshmallows. When I've made them for work, I've bought mini pom poms instead (so that if one gets lost, it doesn't attract mice or ants). We then have competitions to see who can hit a target, go the farthest, etc.

marshmallowshooter.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter