please further explain Grand Californian

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
My goal for years has been to stay at the Disneyland hotel. Short story my job I am on call usually and winter we are hit hard my work so I work 2 to 3 days a week and collect partial unemployment. Well yesterday I got a shift till March and no on call. So guaranteed paycheck till end of March. We always sock away cash to help us get those lean months. So I thought when we go next year for the D23 convention we were going to Disneyland again. Just love the park. My new idea is stay Sunday and monday at Days in. And start the park on Monday. Now if we check out Tuesday morning go over to the Grand have them hold our luggage till room is ready we can get early entry Tuesday and Wednesday when we go the park is this correct? Now if I buy my tickets with the D23 convention reduced tickets does that qualify me for the early entry? It says tickets must be bought online and not at the ticket booth. Other thing is it cheaper to buy the convention tickets or buy it with a Disneyland package? If it is the package how can we go on monday when check in is tuesday or is it not possible? Thanks everyone.

If I am reading this correct...you are booked that the Grand for Tuesday night, correct?

If so, you can take your bags over the the Grand Tuesday AM and check in as early as 6am to get the resort benefits all day even though "check in" time is bot till 3pm...that is just when coms become ready. which include Early Entry on Tuesday and Wednesday. They will give you your room keys, store your bags at the bell desk then text you your room # when it is ready in the afternoon.

To qualify for the on-site perk of Early Entry (EE) you just need to be staying on site - it does not matter where your tickets come from. In general EE is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at Disney California Adventure and Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at Disneyland.

To take advantage of Magic Morning (MM) you have to buy a park ticket that is 3 days or longer in advance from select locations (including the Disneyland website) MM is available at Disneyland ONLY generally on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

HTH

My goal for years has been to stay at the Disneyland hotel. Short story my job I am on call usually and winter we are hit hard my work so I work 2 to 3 days a week and collect partial unemployment. Well yesterday I got a shift till March and no on call. So guaranteed paycheck till end of March. We always sock away cash to help us get those lean months. So I thought when we go next year for the D23 convention we were going to Disneyland again. Just love the park. My new idea is stay Sunday and monday at Days in. And start the park on Monday. Now if we check out Tuesday morning go over to the Grand have them hold our luggage till room is ready we can get early entry Tuesday and Wednesday when we go the park is this correct? Now if I buy my tickets with the D23 convention reduced tickets does that qualify me for the early entry? It says tickets must be bought online and not at the ticket booth. Other thing is it cheaper to buy the convention tickets or buy it with a Disneyland package? If it is the package how can we go on monday when check in is tuesday or is it not possible? Thanks everyone.

I'm pretty sure Magic Morning is for at least a 3 day park hopper IF you are staying offsite, and only for the Disneyland Park. So if you are staying 2 nights offsite and have at least a 3 day ticket you can access MM the days it's available at DL.

As far as EMH (MM) when staying onsite, just as long as you have a current hotel key for a Disney hotel, you can enter for EMH every day. So if you check in that morning at 6 or 7am, they will give you the room keys with your names and dates and you can use those for EMH. Early entry on Disney California Adventure days is ONLY for onsite guests. The MM at the Disneyland Park is for anyone staying onsite with a ticket or staying offsite with at least a 3 day ticket.

It shouldn't matter if it's a reduced rate ticket. I'm fairly certain they treat all valid park tickets the same. So if you have a 3 day park hopper through D23, it's still considered a 3 day park hopper with all the perks associated with it even if you didn't pay full price for it.

And, yes, you can check in, put all your luggage at Bell Services, and go enjoy your day! Later, when you get your room, you can even call down to the bell desk and have them deliver your bags to your room.

Hope that helps! Have a great trip!

Where are you seeing expo Disneyland tickets? I only see the D23 Expo tickets and then hotel discounts but nothing about Disneyland discounted tickets if you are going to the convention.

Disneyland tickets are not out there yet. Last d23 they offered later the discounted tickets. It even says coming soon park tickets. So we have to wait till they come out.

Ok that clarifies.

If they offer the regular tickets again (it was not much of a discount last year maybe 20 or 30 bucks on the 5 day tickets) then yes you can use them if you enter early as a hotel guest. That is just based on being a hotel guest and not based on where your ticket came from or anything like that.

If they only offer "convention" tickets then no you won't be able to enter during EE as convention tickets are only valid after 4pm. Twilight/Convention tickets are about half off so not a bad deal if you are going to the expo first.

It shouldn't matter if it's a reduced rate ticket. I'm fairly certain they treat all valid park tickets the same. So if you have a 3 day park hopper through D23, it's still considered a 3 day park hopper with all the perks associated with it even if you didn't pay full price for it.
Actually, most often it DOES matter. Many deep discounted tickets (one example is the military tickets) are NOT eligible for Magic Morning, I would double check where you are buying. I have seen several conference ones that do not have MM access.

Actually, most often it DOES matter. Many deep discounted tickets (one example is the military tickets) are NOT eligible for Magic Morning, I would double check where you are buying. I have seen several conference ones that do not have MM access.

I'm fairly certain that paragraph referred to using a ticket to access EMH from the Disneyland on-site hotels in which case as long as it's a ticket that's valid all day they'd have access to EMH.

Magic Morning is a paid for entry though which is different then the on site extra magic hour so yes deep discounted tickets may not have magic mornings but if you are using that deep discounted ticket while also staying onsite it doesn't negate your on site benefits.

If they only offer "convention" tickets then no you won't be able to enter during EE as convention tickets are only valid after 4pm. Twilight

Great point.

Usually it's just "you have to have *a* ticket and your hotel keycard gets you in early" but if it's an after-4 ticket that doesn't work.

I'm fairly certain that paragraph referred to using a ticket to access EMH from the Disneyland on-site hotels in which case as long as it's a ticket that's valid all day they'd have access to EMH.
Yes, if you are onsite, you will have the EMH perk. Magic Morning is a perk of the ticket, not the hotel. If you are staying onsite, you have Early Morning Hours regardless of ticketing. Since the poster specifically said any 3 day ticket, I was basing my comments on that (since you can have EMH with a 1 days ticket.) If you are staying OFF site, you will need a 3 day or longer ticket, and many of the discounted tickets will not include Magic Morning.

Of course...EMH = MM when you're talking about Disneyland park, for all intents and purposes. Most ridiculous way of describing things ever. Thanks Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter