• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Forgive me...but what dinning rotation ?

AnnaB

Mouseketeer
Please forgive me..I know this has been aswered over and over but I can't find it and I am trying to get everything in order.

We are sailing on a 7 day Eastern and currently have the late seating,( which will more than likely change due to medical conditions). Anyway I am trying to figure out what dinning rotation to request. I am trying to set it up so that we can have ...
1. Formal night is in Lumiere's (sp)
2. Tropical night is in Parrot Cay
3. We have Dinner at Palo's without missing any special dinner events.
4. We don't miss the show at Animators Palete(sp)
Taking all of these factors into consideration can one of the experts help me out and tell me where I should have dinner and on which nights. Everytime I try to figure this out I get confused:confused: : Thanks again for helping us newbies out. This trip is going to be so great thanks to all of the great advice I have already recieved on this board. Now if I can just finish up all the little details I will be ready for anything/everything when I board the ship. :D

We had PLA. We had a formal nite in Lumieres, I THINK tropical nite fell right too. I don't have the itinerary in front of me, but I know we were in Parrot Cay on Saturday nite, Tuesday night and Friday nite. It seems to me Tropical nite is Tuesday. Lumieres was Sunday ( formal) and Wednesday. Animators was Monday, and Thursday. Maybe someone else can help too? We didn't do Palo for dinner, just the champaign brunch. If they have openings you can do that more than once. It was awesome!
Good luck!

LAPLAPL= Formal night in Animators - SemiFormal in Parrot Cay - and Show in Animators on Wednesday.

APLAPLA = Formal night in Parrot Cay - SemiFormal night in Lumiere's and show in Animator's on Saturday.

PLAPLAP = Formal night in Lumiere's - SemiFormal in Animators - and show in Animators on Monday.

Formal night - Sunday
Semi Formal - Thursday
Tropical Night - Tuesday

With that said -- we had the LAPLAPL Rotation and I actually like it very much! No dressing up for Lumiere's as the first night for everyone is casual - the second night in L was island night for us and the last night in L our servers told us would also be casual since most people already have their luggage packed up.
;)

Thanks a bunch...that makes it much clearer. By any chance can anyone tell me what night is lobster night on the Eastern ?

Lobster is served on Thursday night --- and the leftover lobster is made in to Lobster Burgers and served on Castaway Cay Friday. There is also a seafood buffet served during lunch hours on Thursday.

From the tone of these notes, it sounds like each "party" can select the rotation of restaurants they want. I didn't know that was possible.

Is it?

Thanks.. Paul

No, you cannot select your dining rotation -- it is assigned to you. You can however go to the designated area/time the first day of the trip and request a change in your dining assignment. They will issue a change only if one is available.
:)

I was able to request a dining rotation at booking. Although I am not guaranteed, I feel better knowing that Disney knows my preferance and will try to accomodate me.:)

I have "requested" my dining rotation twice....I know it is not guaranteed, but I have gotten it both times. We will see what happens this trip. If it doesn't happen, no big deal, but it can't hurt to ask.

MJ

Can someone help me pls? :D
Whatever dining rotation we get will be fine with us...
but what rotation is likely for a family group of 9 adults
and 7 kiddos ages 1 - 15 ??
Thanx :)

Thanks everyone....you really are great! I realize that there is no guarantee but I thought I would request a dinning rotation. Also I wanted to try and have a plan for what night to do Palo's. Now that I know what nights are what ,I can come up with a plan regardless of what my dinning rotation is. Thanks Again!

Hi neighbor!

I'll give you a guess on the rotation. It seems that PLAPLAP is the catch-all rotation, so I'd guess you'll end up with that. Since you do have little one's I'd say APLAPLA would be next most likely. Now wait and see, you'll probably get LAPLAPL since I've gone on record, huh??

BTW, if you want to talk about our trip with a neighbor, feel free to PM me and maybe we can meet sometime. We did have a great time!

The first time we went we were a party of 6 - the youngest being 10, and the oldest around 70. We got LAPLAPL. Last time ( a year later, same group ) we got PLAPLAP. Maybe it also depends on the "makeup" of the cruise. Some cruise weeks probably are heavier on kids, and some on older adults. Just a thought.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter