Please explain the RAINFOREST ROOM

Do u have to call ? I didn't see them online thanks.

Either call or fax the downloadable order form. You can't see it under excursions. Look where you order gifts for the room (beer packages, etc.) You will see it there.

It's not a discounted rate. Up until recently, on the ship or pre-sailing it was $16, and they usually had a cruise-long rate (4, 6, 7 days) where you would save a little. Just recently (for me on the Wonder at Christmas) and for several cruisers on the fantasy they started including body scrubs in the week-long pass ($9 each and for a week the package included 5) so it was $144 for one person, and the real deal is for 2 or more it was $190 or so.

Now on the Fantasy they are doing $27/day, which includes one scrub. If you want to do only one day, either buy it early for $16 or pay the $27/scrub. You can buy multiple passes online, but not the multi-day or the pass for two people.

Nancy

Do you know how much it is for 2 people if you buy onboard? My DH and I did not have a good experience with the couples massage on our last cruise, so we're hoping to try something different and not so expensive if we end up not liking it.

is this worth it and do you guys recommend it, for DH and i while the kiddos are in the kids club?

My husband and I do the rainforest room every cruise. He loves the saunas and heated loungers so he can sit and be lazy for a while. He usually falls asleep on the loungers.

Thank you all for your input. I am still looking for the answer to this question...

If you book a massage, does use of the Rainforest Room come with it??

Do you know how much it is for 2 people if you buy onboard? My DH and I did not have a good experience with the couples massage on our last cruise, so we're hoping to try something different and not so expensive if we end up not liking it.

There is no discount for 2 unless you buy the pass for the entire cruise, and the pass for the cruise would depend on the number of days. For a 7 day, it used to be $99 for one, and about $150 for 2 people. On my christmas cruise on the Wonder (and the wonder/magic rainforest rooms are much smaller than the Dream/Fantasy) it was $144 w/5 scrubs for one, I think about $190 for 2 people.

If you are just interested in trying it for one day, buy 2 passes online before you go. Posted somewhere here I read that they will let you credit the online purchase to the weeklong.

Nancy

engle said:
Thank you all for your input. I am still looking for the answer to this question...

I'm not entirely sure, just basing off recent experience but when we arrived on the ship and went to tour the spa knowing we had a massage the next day and told our guide, she added that relaxing in the rainforest room after the massage would be a great addition.

I know it completely was a sales pitch which we bought and used the rainforest room each day but that led me to believe it wasn't included in our massage.

So if you were doing the 4 night cruise on the dream and could only do one day...what day would you schedule your day pass for?

So if you were doing the 4 night cruise on the dream and could only do one day...what day would you schedule your day pass for?

You don't have to schedule your pass for a particular day. You just take it in there when you want to use it and they will put a sticker on the back of your KTTW card with the date on it. You can come in and use it as many times as you want on that day.

engle: The Rainforest room is not included in any massages or other spa services.

Scrubs. Hmmm, never been to the spa (except for a horrid manicure with high-pressure sales pitch=never again) but the spa sounds great. Do you like the scrubs? Do you use them in the locker room showers?

Scrubs. Hmmm, never been to the spa (except for a horrid manicure with high-pressure sales pitch=never again) but the spa sounds great. Do you like the scrubs? Do you use them in the locker room showers?

Loved the scrubs! We used them in our cabin shower. You can use them in the dressing room too!

Cressmab - We were just on the 4 night Dream and did the Rainforest on Nassau & CC days. We did not have to wait for anything either day. I would say what day you choose depends upon your intentions for the shore days. We didn't plan to go into Nassau so figured we would do spa that day but we ended up going into town for a few hours and then came back and did Rainforest. I would guess that if the ship is fairly full, doing the spa on the at sea day may be pretty busy.

We were on the Feb 3-7 Dream cruise, and were NOT allowed to use the rainforest room with our couples massage.

I already bought the rainforest room by calling and didnt know there was a scrub until reading this thread, can I add it on once I board?

I already bought the rainforest room by calling and didnt know there was a scrub until reading this thread, can I add it on once I board?

It's just a jar of salt or sugar with scents and herbs. they will be THRILLED to sell you as many as you'd like.

Nancy

neg58 said:
It's just a jar of salt or sugar with scents and herbs. they will be THRILLED to sell you as many as you'd like.

Nancy

So glad to hear this!
Thanks

Someone may have already posted this, but I just skimmed this thread so I may have missed it. There are some good videos of the Rainforest Room posted on youTube if you are interested.

thank you so much for the info on this i will look it up on you tube as well. we are doing the submarine excursion on nassau with our 6, and 4 year olds... but then we will be back on the ship by 1 pm, i figured we'd do the pools that day too....so maybe that day!! thanks again

Becky

I just saw the Dec 2012 navigator and they want $69, for the unlimited, a 3 day cruise... Which doesn't make sense since if you buy for three days before onboard it's only 45$.... Just a thought

I saw several posters who said the room wasn't very crowded when they went, but has anyone ever experienced a bigger crowd or waits for the showers or loungers? We'll be on the Fantasy in a few weeks and I think I'd like to try a day pass for DH and I; we'd probably use it mid-day on the 2nd sea day. Is it going to be crowded and are we going to feel rushed to move from one thing to another?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter